Not Losing:-( Help

remg81
remg81 Posts: 8 Member
Hi Girls! My new year's resolution was to lose 15lbs by memorial day for a trip to NY. Well, that's two weeks away and I have only lost 10lbs in 4.5 months!!! I originally weighed 130, height 5'2". I am trying to get down to 115 which was my pre-pregnancy weight. I started with Atkins and lost about 5lbs then nothing. Then, I switched to low cal. I got 1400 cal per day from MFP. I lost the other 5 doing that and now nothing! I work out at least 4 times per week burning about 500 calories at each workout. Most of my workouts have been cardio (hiking, running, cycling). Finished my first half marathon last week... YAY. I am starting to add strength training and switching to Keto diet this week. I am disappointed that these last 5lbs refuse to come off for my trip to NY in two weeks. My skinny jeans miss me:-(. Please help with any advice.
Thanks.

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    I was only doing it in support of a friend, but I had a lot of success with Keto. It's not for me on a daily basis, but if you do it right I can see you lose those last 5lbs in 2 weeks.

But if you're starting to strength train focus less on the scale and more on measurements and photos.

It sounds like you've tried a lot of things over a small amount of time. Nothing wrong with switching things up when they stop working, but some times your body just needs a break before pushing through a wall.

And of course the generic: make sure to weigh EVERYTHING you eat, log every bite. And to make sure you're getting an accurate read on your calorie burn. You hear it all the time because it's true.

Much luck!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    You will see great results from strength training, especially after having a child. My body is so much tighter now that I added regular strength training.
  • rhody_
    rhody_ Posts: 18 Member
    I had the same problem. I plateaued and it was terrible. I'm working on it, but my wellness coach told me I wasn't eating enough protein. Add lots more protein to your diet as well as doing everything you're doing. My wellness coach said I was working on without eating enough protein to keep the results from it.

Just remember that you can do this! ♥
  • Crawfie16
    Crawfie16 Posts: 14 Member
    How is it going over the past 10 days? The only way I have managed to finally lose some lbs is by not eating cheese, which I love, and only 1 pece of fruit a day, an apple. Cutting carbs is the only way I have lost weight. If I eat the same amount of calories, 1200, but eat higher carb count, maybe 70, I put on weight. Very strange but true in my experience. I wish you success.????