Speaking of salt...

Options
SisterMable
SisterMable Posts: 40 Member
Dear Doktor CrowdSource:

I regularly take a potassium-based very mild hypertensive (blood pressure medicine) that also has a super mild dieuretic.

I don't salt my food, though occasionally I can go overboard on some olives without much prompting ;)

If you check out my diary, you'll see I'm eating whole foods and drinking buttloads of water (6-8+ 14 oz glasses a day). I take my vitamins. I eat my veggies. I walk. I (generally) avoid olives and soy sauce and all that other good ridiculously salty stuff stuff.

However, I have HUGE bags under my eyes every morning when I wake up. By the end of my day (and all the aforementioned water intake) they've deflated enough so that they no longer need their very own bra... but really, this is an annoyance.

I worry that if I add more salt, the problem will get worse.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• suzettewhatever
    Options
    I am nothing but an enthusiastic amature, but potassium wont replace your need for sodium or magnesium. It could be, with all the water you are drinking, that you need to increase your intake of these two things.
    But since you are on specific medication its probably best to discuss your needs with your doctor. Be sure to mention how much water you are drinking.
    You say you dont salt your food . A quick google brings up a lot of articles and form posts regarding. the need for more sodium on a hflc diet.
    Im not entirely sure but inadequate dietary magnesium might affect the affectiveness of your medication too.

But again, I have NO. training. You need to talk to your doctor.
  • SisterMable
    SisterMable Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback :)