Hello there!

Options
NahrasWay
NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
Hiyo!

I'm new to the Primal/Paleo lifestyle but have studied up and even did a trial run awhile back but just wasn't dedicated back then.

I've had some really bad depression lately and finally decided enough is enough. It's time to take charge of my life and do things the way that makes ME happy. Primal eating did that for me before. I'm two days in and can already feel my mood/motivation getting better!

I could definitely use some friends in this so here I am posting away :)

Currently I am taking things slow, it's a lifestyle change right? We had a lot of frozen meat from my boyfriends family and since that is one of the more expensive things to buy we are working through eating that (even though it may not all be very primal just yet). So far i'm eating when I'm hungry and if I feel what I have eaten wasn't enough then adding more veggies, but that hasn't been a problem yet. I've been satisfied after each meal so far.

The only stat I really track is my carbs since i'm trying to lose weight I'm trying to keep myself between 50-100 carbs a day. If I notice that my calories are pretty low though I try to add in something else just to keep myself over 1200. I'm surprised that my calorie intake has been so low though and I haven't felt hungry since MFP has my calories at 1920. Hopefully I'm doing this right so far >.<

Anyway, any advice or tips would be appreciated .. and of course friend requests!

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Kinger138
    Kinger138 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Free frozen meat? Sounds awesome to me. :) You've probably been there, but www.marksdailyapple.com is my fave resource for Primal goodness. Lot of food for thought floating around on that site (and some pretty good recipes).

Good luck on your venture into being Primal and Happy!

Grok on!
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know right? Whenever we visit (they don't live far but with schedules it's hard to go see them a lot) his mom cleans out her freezer or takes us food shopping. They are big into food. No complaints, love free food lol

Yea marksdailyapple is the site where I spent most of my time researching through, it's a great site!

Thanks for the welcome!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome my name is Joy I eat the paleo way to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia and it really works for me. I recently had a break and went back to my old ways and that has proved that this really works for me. Good luck, add me as a friend if you want to.