SummerTime Surgery Anyone??

Options
JenaOnTrack74
JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
I don't have a date just yet but I did get my referral and I have my appointment to meet with the surgeon in two weeks! Another lady I know from class met with him yesterday and has her surgery set for end of June So I am guessing I will get mine by mid July. I am excited and can't wait! Anyone else looking to have thier surgery this summer??

Best Of Luck To All Of You! :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ender_kb
    ender_kb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband's getting his surgery done on the 28th of this month. We're super excited!
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm anxiously waiting for insurance approval so I can set my date hopefully for early June!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That's great news, Jena! I had my RNY surgery in August, 2012. After the first few rough months, things have been wonderful! Good luck!!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I meet my surgeon on June 5, I am hoping to have my surgery in July. In a perfect world, i'd go at the end of June, but realistically July makes sense.
  • phwright8
    phwright8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jena!! I'm hoping to be a summer girl too. =) Like Ujj7, I have all my doctors' approvals and now I'm waiting for the final insurance approval. Once I have that we can set a date. I'm hoping for the end of June, but thinking that it'll probably be early or mid July. Either way, I'm just happy to have started this journey. I've learned so much and have been inspired by so many people here that getting even this far was worth it. =)

Good luck and congrats to all!

- Hau'oli
  • LandonsMom2010
    LandonsMom2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Having surgery next week on 5/21, anyone else having surgery soon?
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    <~~~Going through the process...will meet with (required) dietician tomorrow & then once more.
    I've done everything else required thus far.
    I was told when I 1st met with them that it can take a couple weeks to get a date set once everything has been completed.
    I don't really want to use 4th of July week BUT the longer it takes the more anxious I feel!
    Part of me would love to have it done that week because my husband will also have that time off to be with me.
    On the other hand, we usually take this time to go to MB 1st to see family but it's also our Anniversary so we get a "mini" vacation going there.
    I mean who wants to be laid up in a hospital during a holiday....right?!?
    I guess in the end Id rather have the surgery & be on my way to recovery sooner, rather than later (especially the longer it goes)!
    Msg me if you have any helpful info about your surgery...might calm my nerves :frown:
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have my consultation with the surgeon June 11th. I think I have everything done (letter of intent, blood work, psychological consult and clearance, food/exercise logging, pre-surgery weight loss), so I should get a surgery date. We are crazy busy in June and July, so I will be asking for a date in early August so everyone will be in town to cater to my every whim and drive me around for a few days. :happy: :tongue:
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just set a tentative surgery date for July 29! It's tentative because I'm still in my 3-month supervised diet so we haven't gotten insurance approval yet. But they marked me down to hold the spot.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I just set a tentative surgery date for July 29! It's tentative because I'm still in my 3-month supervised diet so we haven't gotten insurance approval yet. But they marked me down to hold the spot.
    Well thats nice of them! Congrats, you're almost there!
  • Kezonator
    Kezonator Posts: 17
    Options
    Great news! I've just had my last op to get my band out and scheduled for gastric sleeve August 5th (winter surgery for me:)) sounds like a few of us will be going through it around the same time !
  • patti04005
    patti04005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I just had my surgery May 5th and doing great :-)
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Having surgery May 28... Getting excited! I had to wait 6 months because of insurance and now that the time is here, it's surreal!!! I had gone in November, hoping that I'd have surgery by January, but no go... Glad to be ready now, though!!! :happy:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well thats nice of them! Congrats, you're almost there!

Wow, my dietician wouldn't even entertain the thought when I brought it up a few days ago.
    Simply said that although 3 months is "required" that people have to keep going in to see her till the final "required" pound has been lost...even if its 6 months down the road!
    Hopefully I can lose the other 1/2 (required) by my next (final?) appointment next month :wink:
    My "hope" is I see her on 6/11 & that everything will be done.
    From what Ive heard is that it only takes a couple weeks (from when ALL requirements have been completed) to get the surgery but I'm not sure how "my" luck will be :ohwell:
  • hoginona04
    hoginona04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started this journey back in November. Made all the appointments, Insurance is approved. Supposed to have the surgery on the 3-4th of June. But have not heard back from the surgeons office for a etched in stone date yet.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Congratuations to all!! So glad to be going through this with all of you!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Me too! Insurance just approved VSG, and I meet with the surgeon on Friday this week to schedule. Should be July/August sometime :)
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    I called insurance co this morning and they said that it should be approved by Friday, still holding out hope that I can schedule surgery for next week May 29Th!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Me too! Insurance just approved VSG, and I meet with the surgeon on Friday this week to schedule. Should be July/August sometime :)

Yay!! :bigsmile:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I called insurance co this morning and they said that it should be approved by Friday, still holding out hope that I can schedule surgery for next week May 29Th!
    well I've consistently been told it's up to the surgeon schedule so good luck getting what you want but if you don't you're still almost there!!:happy: