The W3 Difference

Options
nicca_jb
nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
Hi all,

I'm a re-newbie, as in, I started C25K last year and gave it up. I started again three weeks ago, and I'm now--you guessed it--on W3. I did D1 on Wednesday and found myself about dying to get through the 3 minute jogging segments (and I feel pretty pathetic about it...) Do you have any suggestions? Should I redo W2?

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Slow down!

I would go on to d2, but concentrate on slowing down to a comfortable pace. (You should be able to hold a conversation while you run.)
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I second Ceci. Take it down a notch. You should be running at a pace where you can comfortably have a conversation. If you are gasping for breath or too thirsty or needing to pee, all those are indications that you need to slow down!
    Definitely try D2 by taking it slow. You should be able to manage, if not, no harm repeating W2.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ceci and pmur. Slow down. It's common to start out too quickly and tire oneself out. You can do this.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! You're all right - I was pushing to go too fast (actually found myself sprinting). The one question I'd pose about that is: I tend to feel like I'm dragging my heels if I go at a slower pace. How can I adjust for that?

Really appreciate the advice!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it feels as if you're dragging; sometimes it doesn't.
    It does take awhile to get used to the slower pace. Our heads are somehow geared to want us to run as fast as we can, even if we're not ready for it yet.
    Listen to your body and take it slow. Pay attention to your breathing, your heart rate (how it feels; not the exact number), etc. Find your comfort pace and keep going. Your body will stop feeling like it's dragging as everything within it starts to work together. That's the beginning of getting stronger at running.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work.