newly post op and need protein ideas!

Options
patti04005
patti04005 Posts: 16 Member
Hi I am almost two weeks post op right now and I'm on full liquid diet. I am only getting in 40/45 grams protein a day ...I am just so full I can only get down two protein shakes a day between cream soups and yogurt any good ideas tricks you can share to help me? I never would of thought it would be this hard to eat .. I am seriously not hungry at all ever!! Thanks ...Patti

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    For a change of taste, I heated up 3/4 cup of Trader Joe's carrot ginger cashew soup and added a quarter cup of (room temperature) ginger miso broth, then added a couple tablespoonfuls of PB2 powdered peanut butter. and then added a scoop of unflavored protein powder. Make sure the temp doesn't exceed 140 degrees or the protein powder will clump. It tastes pretty great, especially after nothing but chocolate and vanilla protein drinks. It made me almost feel like I was eating Thai food which is my favorite.
  • ItzfitKat
    ItzfitKat Posts: 9
    Options
    Unjury makes a pretty good unflavored protein powder that you can add to your yogurt to up the protein. That should help some. This does get easier as the swelling goes down in your stomach and you can get more fluids/food in.