A question about descending calories:

Options
haleyc717
haleyc717 Posts: 20 Member
Hey everyone!
I hope the program is going well for all of you! I'm approaching my two week mark and I'm getting nervous about descending calories because I rarely come in right at 1400 as it is. Also, I'm nervous to consume too few calories for my lifestyle because, as I live in NYC, I am very active. I walk 2+ miles per day just getting around, and I climb the subway stairs, not to mention the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment several times a day. I'm an actress and a nanny for my day job, so I'm afraid that consuming fewer than 1400 won't be safe for me. Can anyone weigh in on their experience descending their calories and/or on whether you think I should granted my lifestyle? I've posted a question to Dr. Darden's FB fan page but I doubt he'll answer...

Replies

• BubblyBelinda
    BubblyBelinda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be fine. Most experts say not to go below 1000-1200. My own doctor tells me I can go 800-900 (a bariatric surgeon and weight loss expert.) You should gauge how you feel after trying it for several days. If you feel too weak, feeling lightheaded, then maybe that is too low for you. You are not going to permanently damage yourself by going that low for a few days. Your own body should be what you go by, as only you will know how you react.