Ran my first race today!

Options
pmur
pmur Posts: 223 Member
Although I technically completed the programme a couple of months ago and have started running longer distances, I never actually signed up for a race. Today, I ran a 5k along with my hubby and a friend. My hubby zipped past us and completed the race in 25 mins but my friend and I kept each other company and ebbed each other to go on. We ran the entire course, even when a very steep hill had everyone around us pause and walk. We completed the run in 34.2 mins. For a first 5K I think it's a good time(we were hoping to do it in 30 mins). I feel great. We are planning to do a 10k soon.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That is a terrific time! Congratulations on a wonderful first race. You did great!

(PS: I haven't entered a race yet)
  • pmur
    Options
    Plexgut,
    I would never have done it, if not for the enthusiastic running partner I found in a group I joined. We both are at the same level and run the same pace so we practise together. If not for her, I would still not have done it. I'm glad I did it though. It's an awesome feeling!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your first race - at an excellent speed I might add! Will you race again later this year? Got inspired to incorporate some interval training maybe?
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations pmur - you should be really proud!
  • pmur
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your first race - at an excellent speed I might add! Will you race again later this year? Got inspired to incorporate some interval training maybe?
    Yes, I'm training for a 10k currently. I'm hoping to run a half in fall! I'm not focusing on interval training at the moment(just following Hal Higdon's novice plans) but I'm going to incorporate some strength training.