Sweeteners - stevia is too bitter for me

I see a lot of recipes use stevia. I cant tollerate the flavor at all!
The only sweetener Ive been om with is Eythritol.
Is there anything I need to know about Eyrthritol that might make it un keto friendly?

Oh and by the by...Hi all. Im brand new to Keto. I have a moderate WLG of 30 lbs. But more over I am looking for a lifestyle shift. HFLC makes a lot of sense to me. But getting my brain on board for a real life change isnt easy.

I dont officially start my carb reduction until tomorrow. But ive been making some minor changes the past few weeks that have been leading me there. Its been easy to cut out sweets as I never ate much. Breads, potatoes and rice I have managed to cut down to almostnothing with out the bat of an eye. But sugar in my coffee is ridiculously difficult. But Ive cut back from 10 teaspoons a day to 4.

Well Im rambling! Eager to hear about Eyrthritol though.
:)

Replies

• DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    From what I understand, erythritol is just fine for keto dieters. I see it used in a lot of recipes. I don't use Stevia personally because I'm allergic to it. :( I've been using Xylitol myself, because it's one of the few alternative sweeteners I can consume without some side effects. I don't use very much very often though. I think if you hold in there, eventually you can learn to like stuff less sweet. Now that I've been keto-ing for awhile, I like my coffee and tea unsweetened. I never though that would happen, since I'm from the south and we like our tea syrupy sweet. But I tried some sweet tea the other day, just cause it was there, and I couldn't manage more than a few sips. I really don't know how I used to guzzle it down.

But anyway, I think erythritol will be just fine to use in your coffee if you're transitioning away from regular sugar.

Good luck getting started. Keep posting questions here if you have them, the people in this group have been very helpful to me. :)