Out of town tips needed?

Options
Dregg
Dregg Posts: 66 Member
This weekend I leave to visit family for a week. I plan to bring my workout DVDs, hopefully I will be able to get them done. I was looking for some tips that will help keep my diet in check, especially when my fridge/freezer isn't available for so long. Oh, my family doesn't cook very healthy. Usually when I travel 1000 miles to visit, I tend to eat a lot of junk on the way and while I am there.

Thanks!!

Replies

• dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem last weekend the one thing i did do was take healthy snacks on the road like granola bars and nutra grain bars and also peanuts are good. while here i did not worry about calories which i should have but i love my moms cooking and i dnt get it very often. i think if you can do your work out tapes that would be awsome
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good idea on the snacks, I need to make sure I bring a week's worth. That should save me some calories for sure.
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You beat me to it! My advice for travelling is to do YouTube workouts. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred as I haven't been able to get to the gym this week.
    On the food front, maybe offer to cook some meals? If that's not an option maybe try to be about when the cookings being done so you can get a more accurate calorie read.
    Best of luck :)
    Xx