19 May 2014

Options
Today has been a good day for me. I drank my meal replacement and protein for breakfast. I had turkey and carrots for my mid morning snack and I had roasted turkey (skin removed), green beans, grapes and strawberries for lunch. For my pre-gym snack I had a small banana and a full fat yogurt. I am headed to the gym now to run 3 miles and workout chest, triceps, abs, legs and 10 minutes of HIIT training. I have my dinner already prepared...a grilled chicken salad with NO dressing and some herbal tea before bed. All in all this week is starting off great!

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Today was fine food-wise for me. I almost hit my protein, for once! I have been trying to get on top of that for a while now and I'm glad to finally be reaching my goal.

Exercise wise, today was a fail. Work was emotionally draining/upsetting so I had no energy by the time I got home. I did get in a small walk but that was it.
  • laurawelch62085
    laurawelch62085 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Assuming that this is where we post our daily updates?

Today was ok for me. I (unfortunately) skipped breakfast because I didn't have enough time. Here is the food I ate:

Lunch - small chicken ceasar salad, small butternut squash soup, diet coke
    Snack - 20 M&Ms, banana with peanut butter, tea drink (100 cals), almond milk dirty chai
    Dinner - turkey gumbo soup, another banana, flavored seltzer water (10 cals)

I am dissapointed with the sugary tea drink I had earlier today and should have had greens to go with my gumbo instead of fruit but other than that today is okay. I had a really late class today and lots of hmwk to do so bought a dirty chai with almond milk (as I don't digest dairy very well).

I weighed myself for the first time since last week and I have lost 2 pounds which made me feel really good.

I also ran 3 miles today as part of my 2 week fitness challenge.
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @Laura
    Great job! Try not to skip any meals as it will have an impact on you and cause you to wanna snack or eat more at lunch. So kudos to you for not letting that happen. Way to run 3 miles! I am not a runner and I am currently trying to improve my run. I really struggle with running and hoping to improve upon my 1.5 mile run time. Keep up the good work!
    FitCoach SHawn