Keto/Low Carb Cheeze-Its Recipe!

Options
dsb188
dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
I have made these several times. The first time I used parmesan cheese instead of cheddar and added some powdered ranch dressing to them. This time I used some sharp cheddar cheese. They are great with pepperoni and cheese. Also the net carb count is low. Its my undestanding that Golden Flaxseed Meal has almost zero carbs but please do a final count for yourself. Recipe below:

Ranch Parmesan Crackers or Cheez Its (Low Carb Keto Version)

Ingredients:

1 cup golden flax seed meal
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated + 1 tsp dry ranch seasoning mix dressing (for ranch parmesan) OR 2/3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese (for Cheese Itzs-***see optional spices note for these)
1 and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2tb to 1/2 cup water

You can also add the following spices for the cheeze its:

***Optional Spices for Cheeze Its (1/4 teaspoon each):
Dry mustard
Tumeric
Cayenne Pepper

Preparation:
Heat oven to 400 F.

1) Mix all ingredients except the water in a blender or do it by hand. Add enough water to form a soft dough. I start with 2 tablespoons and add more as needed.

2) Place the mixture between two pieces of parchment paper and roll to a 1/8 of an inch ( or to your likeness. 1/4 inch may work as well.) You can use a rolling pin or wine bottle too. The important thing is not to let it be too thin around the edges or that part will overcook before the center firms up. So after you spread it out, cut the crackers into squares. I leave the edges uneven. You basically want to score the entire thing into squares. Do not worry about separating them because you can break them apart after they bake.

4) Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. After 15-18 minutes break the crackers apart and flip them over and place them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 300 degrees to continue to crisp up to your liking. Let cool completely - it will continue to crisp up.

I keep mine in an air tight container and have had them over a month and they are still crisp. I was able to get about 120 Cheeze Its and about 50 of the Ranch Parmesan Crackers. It all depends on how you roll them out.

Replies

• GinaLivinLaKetoLoco
    GinaLivinLaKetoLoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great!!! Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This is totally happening this week! Thank you!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Those look yummy! Another one of those things I keep meaning to try, but haven't gotten around to yet.

I do lazy cheese crackers-- I slice up "deluxe" American cheese (like Kraft Deli Deluxe 2%) with a pizza cutter into little squares on a sheet of parchment, space them out, and stick them in the microwave for a minute or so.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds delicious! I may have to try that!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. . .I have a 3 day weekend coming up. I think these are definitely going to be baked. Thank you for the recipe!
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I need to make these for my upcoming camping trip. How well do they keep without refrigeration?
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    MUST make these, thank you!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We tried something similar a few weeks ago and they were really good. I made them in the microwave. I may think about doing these this week though. I love ranch!!!