Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• tmkefa
    tmkefa Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Tina. I'm new here as I just started back into the losing game. I have never been a small girl but I was never overweight or out of shape until the past few years. I gave birth to my son in January 2010, and had a subsequent health issue that caused me to gain despite all my diet and exercise efforts. I then started going back to university to get my masters and it's been even more difficult to lose. Between a husband who constantly tells me how sexy I am, to living in yoga pants as a stay at home mom, I have taken very little accountability toward my health and weight. Looking in the mirror at myself recently I realized how far I've gone. I'm 197, have been working out and changing my habits over the past week and have a goal of 150. I even bought a new bicycle and have taken it out everyday for a ride- last night riding all the way to visit my dad in town. I've found that I love the time away and feel better than ever after I'm finished with a good ride. This Thursday I am starting a three day juice detox to help get my taste buds back on track and replenish the nutrients I've lost over the past two years of quick college food.

I hope I can find support and be a source of motivation for others, too. This journey is tough but we can do it!
  • Sandhya6589
    Sandhya6589 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sandhya, i am 24 years old. I am weighing 68kgs and am 163cm. i use to weigh 60kg but over the past 5 to 6mths i have gained 8kg which is very depressing. during those months i have tried to control and gone through many diets but have failed and only gained more weight. This time round i am wishing it would be more different. I have joined Pilates and Social Tennis classes, and am hoping my calories count diet will be more successful. I am really hoping for motivation.
  • Rengaldoll
    Rengaldoll Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Over this last year, I have struggled with health problems that kept me from exercising - I could control what I was eating but when you don't feel good...you eat! I am 185 and I have dreamed of being 155 - the weight I was when I moved to Seattle!

Now I am struggling with high blood pressure and low HDL cholesterol and I know it's time for a change!!!

I just want to lose that first 5 lbs- first goals first! I will be thrilled to start losing weight and keeping it off. I've tried to lose 2lbs and it's a yo-yo back and forth! Time to put that to an end! I know I need support and I'm happy to encourage you all on my journey too!
  • OkieCowgirl79
    Options
    My name is Teresa. I am 35 years old, have two sons 8 and 10. I am on dialysis so my weight changes every other day, but on dialysis days, I usually get to my "dry weight" of 191.40. I am 5'6" and tired of feeling fat! all my clothes are too small. I gained 35 pounds over the last year and want to get back into my clothes. I would love to loose more, but will be content if i can get into my size 12 clothes
  • SwiitiPi
    SwiitiPi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Sami and I am 23 years old. Standing at 5'2" and my last weight in was 221. I want to lose 40 pounds but after that I want to lose more. I have planned out my meal plan for the next three months. I almost typed diet. I don't want to use that word because once I say I'm on one, I'm off one. I also found a workout program to go along with my hour of elliptical. I've said I was going to do this a bazillion times before but something feel different about this time. Anyone feel that way? I'm going to Chicago in 91 days for my boyfriend's friend's wedding. It will be the first time I meet anyone from his hometown. I want to look my best to make him proud. Also, there may or may not be an ex-girlfriend going to this event that I might want to make a little jealous.
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lindsey. I'm 31, 5'9", and currently weight 193lbs. I have one son who is 7, and a wonderful partner, Patrick.

I put on 50 lbs in the last 6 years while going to school, but I'm done and really need to focus on my health again. Hoping to get down to 145. Last year I did lose 18 lbs, but I gained it all back this winter through inactivity and emotional eating. I've been on MFP for a while, but never joined any groups. I'm hoping that being more involved will help me stay motivated!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cody I am a mother of 3; 7, 3, and an 20 month old. I currently weigh 194 down from 250 and my main goal is to get rid of this muffin top. I know that you can't spot reduce, so once I get my tummy close to were I want it then that is my goal weight regardless if that's at 170 or 150. I am a teacher and have the summer off, so 7 working days left. I started this journey June 8, 2013 and would love to go into fall with a bang when I start working again.
    I love Zumba and usually do 2 classes a week, I have been lifting but not consistently over the last few months. My goal is to lift 3 days a week over the summer so I have a good routine going when I start work in the fall.
    I haven't been under 200 in 8 years just before I got married and I am loving how I feel when I work out. It's not a chore anymore, it's fitness and a way of life. I eat 1600-1900 calories a day. My biggest change has been PORTIONS and getting up and moving. I got a Fitbit last June and it opened my eyes to how little I moved. I love going for walks with my kids and even my hubby who also needs to loose some has gotten on board with walks.

Let's keep each other motivated!
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sallie. I'm 28 5'8 and at 172, my goal is to lose 40 lbs and tone up. I do cardio and weight training at least 4 times a week.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Glad to have found this group! I saw it earlier and the only people who had posted so far put me in the "old enough to be your Mother" category. Now I see posts from people close to my age (56), so here I am.

I started my weight loss journey on 6/14/13 (almost a year ago) and have lost 109 lbs. so far. I have 41 to go to reach my goal of 145, although I may go to 140 to give myself a maintenance range of 138-143. I've been successful so far, but need all the accountability and help I can get to make it to goal.

Looking forward to being part of the group!

Stats:

56 year old female
    5' 8"
    SW:295
    CW: 186
    GW: 140-145
  • xxjjulesxx
    xxjjulesxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my names Julie im 43 years of age and live in wales. Im 5ft 2 and 168 lbs, I lost 2 stone over 2 years ago but ive put it all back on again. Finally got my mojo back and im determined to loss it and keep it off this time.
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My name is Dana. I am 44 years old, 5"8 and currently weigh 219 lbs. I have already lost 60 lbs in the last 6 months and have 40 more to go until I reach my goal. I am excited about having a group of women with a similar goal to converse with. :smile:
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    HI ya'll. I'm Crystal and 30 years old. I just had my first daughter last November so I am looking to get the last of my gianed baby weight off - 4 pounds to go. (I gained 50) and then hopefully loose another 40-50 after that. As of this morning I weight 190 and am hoping to loose at least another 15 pounds by mid July for a wedding I am in. Good luck everyone. We can do this!!
  • softissue
    softissue Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Tasha I was a member of this site last year, but got side tracked. So hopefully I can continue on my journey to lose 40lbs. I lost about that much last year and gained it all back, for lack of motivation.
  • tscaringelli
    tscaringelli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Teresa. I am 44, currently weigh 166 and would like to lose another 36-41 pounds. I have a bum knee (shattered the knee cap about 18 years ago) and now I am starting to have problems with the other knee. I am hoping that shedding some weight will help. My doctor put me on a low carb/high fat diet and in the last two weeks I have lost about 6 lbs. MFP is great because it helps me stay under my daily calories and counts my carbs at the same time without much effort. I have dieted before but this time I am really hoping to find a new way of eating so I can keep the pounds off.
  • jnorman0587
    jnorman0587 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Jessica.. I am a 26 year old full time mother and nursing student so I am a very busy individual. I have been over weight my entire life and do not remember a time of feeling happy with myself about my weight. My end goal is to loose at least 100 lbs but currently I am aiming at small goals such as 2-3 lbs a week. I have never joined a group before and hoping this will give me more courage to face the facts that I need to get my butt in gear! I am currently at my heaviest weight and my daughter is now 9 years old...so it's safe to say its not baby fat no more .. Really looking forward to this journey and change
  • danielatoro
    danielatoro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you!! It's amazing how diverse our stories all are! I'm amazed how some of you have already lost tons of weight and are still at it! Congrats! How did you stay motivated.. I think I speak for all of us when I say that motivation is one of the BIGGEST problems!! Sticking to a diet and exercise routine is hard!
  • rsquire20
    rsquire20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Robyn. I am 31 years old and my starting weight was 202.6. I am down to 194.2, who hoo! I've had some serious health issues over the last 4 years. I had a tumor on my thyroid, so now I only have half. I also have a sinus disease that causes me to have severe polyps in my nose that it seems only steroids can keep in check. Steroids = weight gain! I'd like to lose 30 pounds by the time I go on a cruise mid September, but ultimately I want to lose 50 more pounds.

Good Luck!
  • kendratwcp2014
    kendratwcp2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm kendra Kimble from Houston, Texas
    I am 19 5"9 and a entrepenueer.
    I want to get I to shape to look good naked haha who dosent!!
    And to overall extend my life!
    And look great in my clothes I'm currently a size 12 almost 11.

My highest weight was 224.0
    My starting weight was 204
    My current weight 180!!
    My trainers ideal weight for me 163
    My goal weight 140

I'm currently watching what I eat, but not eating my best I could be.
    I work out three times a week or so and try to get back onto things
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    My name is Patty and I am looking to lose 40-50 lbs. I started MFP again April 1st and have lost 13 lbs as of this morning. I am 44 years old and have a 21, 19, and 17 year old and three dogs :-)

SW: 203
    CW: 190
    GW: 140-150
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Lisa, I'm 43 years old, and would like to lose 35 lbs. I figured that was close enough to 40! :) I am (or just was) at my highest weight ever, and need to get back in control. I'm happily married with a 17 year old son and a 2 year old chocolate lab. Alcohol and the week-ends are my weaknesses!