my own worst enemy

Options
albelite
albelite Posts: 24 Member
Hi, i'm 63 (young at heart) diabetic, arthritis, fibromyalgia and other complaints that worsen when I am out of control with my food, I can get a good day in but its the evenings that are the worse, sugar is my demon and that complicates my diabetes, I know I am slowly killing myself and have had a good run since diagnosed in 98 but now my health is getting worse, I know what I should be doing but for some reason I cant stop eating the wrong stuff. I have lost a good bit of weight, but need to lose lots more to hopefully help to keep me alive to see my grandchildren grow up, I feel like an alcoholic hiding their drinking with me its food or chocolate.

Replies

• TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something more encouraging to say than have u tried a support group. I am all aboutvself help and suddenly manifested myself into a weight problem. I have learned how to cope with the stress but can't change my eating habits! Maybe we can help each other. Have you set any goals yet? I am deciding between healthier recipes or eliminating seconds. I think the seconds is the way to go. When I was young Cheyrl Tiegs and Christy Brinkley were my mentors and got me in shape by reading their books. I can't find a mentor that would be as positive on my life as they were. It would have been nice if CB didn't become a human zbarbie. I don't know where CT went. Have a good day!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 63 (young at heart) diabetic, arthritis, fibromyalgia and other complaints that worsen when I am out of control with my food, I can get a good day in but its the evenings that are the worse, sugar is my demon and that complicates my diabetes, I know I am slowly killing myself and have had a good run since diagnosed in 98 but now my health is getting worse, I know what I should be doing but for some reason I cant stop eating the wrong stuff. I have lost a good bit of weight, but need to lose lots more to hopefully help to keep me alive to see my grandchildren grow up, I feel like an alcoholic hiding their drinking with me its food or chocolate.

Hi, I truly know how you feel.
    Christmas 2012 I started over eating again and could not stop. It was very difficult - I knew this wasn't any good but felt powerless to stop.
    I listened to some meditations that Jon Gabriel produced which I found extremely useful. I had also read his book. These meditations helped me focus on my thinking and helped me make some decisions.
    I injured my knee because I was too heavy and I decided I had to do something.
    I have also gone to Overeaters Anonymous on and off and I regularly attend meetings today.
    Perhaps you may like to try them. The pressure to succeed can sometimes overwhelm and make it all seem too hard.
    I have maintained an eating plan since Sept. 2013 and now exercise regularly. I never thought I would ever do that. I swim because it is good for my knee and protects my body more than other types of exercise. I ill need a knee replacement one day but hope to put it off for as long as possible.
    Don't despair, make little changes, just for today. A bit at a time.