Memorial Day "Murph"

Options
13»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So I ended up completing Murph with my husband, splitting everything down the middle and we finished in 27:02; Next year I'm going to have the strength and stamina to do the whole thing on my own, with a weight vest on!

One of the guys in our box did it in 29:50 with no vest, RX otherwise. That kid is a beast.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I was out of town last weekend so missed it at my box. I'm going tomorrow morning to get it done. I've never concurrently dreaded something and looked forward to it at as much as I am this. Should be interesting.....
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm insane and did Murph 2 weekends in a row!

First Murph - 52:17 without vest but RX movements

Second Murph - 1/2 Murph with 20# weight vest 31:29.

The weighted vest made the workout exponentially harder than regular Murph. Holy cow! My coach said my friend and I were the first 2 women to attempt it, and even though he was skeptical at first when I said I'd try it, he said I should have gone for a full! NEXT YEAR!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was out of town last weekend so missed it at my box. I'm going tomorrow morning to get it done. I've never concurrently dreaded something and looked forward to it at as much as I am this. Should be interesting.....

I didn't think it was awful. It just takes so damned long. I scaled it a bit so my arms did not give out on the push ups until the last few sets of Cindy. But at that point I double setted anyways because I decided I could do 10 ring rows and just did not want to get on them again.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My Murph time was 47:34. I have no problem waiting until next year to do it again. :laugh: