Small Successes

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Since we are always trying to reminder ourselves to find and celebrate all success, big or small, i thought I would celebrate a small success i noticed today.

As of tomorrow I will have had this 12 pack of Dr Pepper in the house for 50 days with three cans still left. In the past this wouldn't have lasted a week. Heres to another 20 days and no more soda in the house.

303a1bt.jpg

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! My husband recently kicked the Pepper habit too. He switched to tea. I'm trying to get him to switch to just homemade iced T and not the 300 cals a can Arizona stuff he loves. I've been brewing it at home and putting it in an Arizona jug for him. :laugh:
  • blondageh
    Options
    My small success...I checked to see if my key still worked at the gym yesterday....that counts..right? Long story short, I have the fee auto withdrawn from my account each month. Last month, there apparently wasn't enough in my checking to cover it. The very next day they call my husband and leave him a nasty message saying that if it is not paid by 5pm that day, they are sending it to collections. Mind you, I have never been late before. My husband is livid. He calls me up and tells me take care of this. Cancel it NOW. I call the gym and say basically wtf? I will pay you with another card but didn't appreciate the message and what right did they have to send it to collections when I am less than 24 hrs late, that my husband is so mad he just wants me to cancel. He said that's fine, we will go ahead and cancel your membership, you just owe us $248. Needless to say, I haven't stepped foot in the gym since and really don't want to go back... ever. But. Yesterday I was in the hood and tried my key. It worked. I think I want to go and stick it to them. *kitten*. Never join a gym. I am joining our Y once this contract is done. Ok not such a short story.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Rat and Heather, how do you post pictures on here?
  • blondageh
    Options
    You first have to upload them to an account like photocopier or tinypic. Then once uploaded you copy the (img) link and paste. But make sure you change the img to small case. I always forget that. For some reason this board doesn't like IMG.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That would of had me fumin too Heather!!!! Congrats Rat on kickin the Pepper habit!! :drinker:
    :blushing: Again I'm putting this out there, but its what got me on this journey to begin with!!! My small success - I am now able to wipe without the pain in my side and having to hold onto a handicap bar (or wall if there was none). When in public I would always use the handicap stall because of the bars to hold on to. For me thinking about it - it was a major success! WooHoo - potty freedom!!!!!! :happy:
    Blessings:flowerforyou:
  • momofthreeinwis
    momofthreeinwis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can see a muscle in my thighs when I am on the treadmill!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I can see a muscle in my thighs when I am on the treadmill!!!

Wooohoooo!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!!!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Rat and Heather, how do you post pictures on here?

upload the image somewhare i use tinypic when the image is disposable and wrap the url in img tags

(remove the spaces) img]
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    That would of had me fumin too Heather!!!! Congrats Rat on kickin the Pepper habit!! :drinker:
    :blushing: Again I'm putting this out there, but its what got me on this journey to begin with!!! My small success - I am now able to wipe without the pain in my side and having to hold onto a handicap bar (or wall if there was none). When in public I would always use the handicap stall because of the bars to hold on to. For me thinking about it - it was a major success! WooHoo - potty freedom!!!!!! :happy:
    Blessings:flowerforyou:

Her's to wiping power. One day i will be able to use the bathrooms at the San Fransisco Legion of Honor with small enough thigh that i can spread my legs to reach a hand under to wipe without my thighs jamming into the sides of the stall. They have freakishly small bathroom stalls, but the day that happened I felt like such a slob, can't even wipe my own *kitten* because of my thighs are too big.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Dr. Pepper is only one of my favorite sodas!!! I long switched to diet, but haven't had ANY soda in months, and hardly any juice ( If I drink it, it's very diluted).

Just think of the money you'll save by kicking the soda habit!!!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Guess who got a survey from that gym today?! Hahaha. They got a piece of my mind and then I went over and copied it onto Google reviews. I NEVER do that. I'm such a wimp. I'm now waiting to be blackmailed.

Back on topic. ..way. to go everyone! Small steps add up!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Ok..

Update: I just got off the phone with the Regional manager. Jerk face gym manager was fired last week. New manager was very nice. Said he was cleaning house, was trying to clean up after the old manager had made a big mess and apologized for the horrible way I was treated. I offered to remove bad review, he said leave it up. (I removed it anyway). I feel better. I should've done that a long time ago instead of having bad feelings for a month. Doh! This is a BIG step for me since I avoid all sorts of confrontations.

Back to the gym I GO!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wtg blond, I hate confrontations too and will go to silly lengths to avoid them. It is good that the Regional called you though, and I would call that as a 'sign' you are meant to use that gym :)
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was able to kick my daily sweet tea habit, now drinking unsweet tea. Though this is a TRAVESTY in the south and several of my family members considered me cityfied now haha. I also work in a metro area when we live in a very rural area an hour away. So I am super city girl.
  • blondageh
    Options
    This is so silly, the picture isn't great, but look who fit her hiney in a white resin chair and didn't break it! I just hope none of my coworkers saw me taking pictures of my butt outside. (Something that is NOT easy to do when you have a phone that doesn't have camera buttons but on the front) PS. Hopefully this isn't huge, nobody wants to see THAT!

78c97139-8147-4e25-9591-c6e6fb57df00_zps1573a042.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Triumph!!!

I can't wait for the day when I can fit in ANY chair. I am going to take a thousand Selfies and make a book out of them called, "Karen fits and sits!"
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am making this a Sticky because I think it will be a great place to celebrate those successes we have every single day. I have a few today.

I come into work and there is bagels, cream cheese, donuts, and home made fudge that I happen to know is really good. I am invited to help myself. I bought humus with me but no breadsticks. So I cut a bagel in half lengthways and took that smaller piece and wrapped it in cling film to have with my hummus, took that to my desk about to enjoy it. I have not touched the donuts or the fudge.. though the fudge is very tempting.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Haha. Karen sits and fits! Love it! Julie, that is a feat! I know because just reading that made my stomach growl. That is awesome self control. I love how you let yourself have half. I'm trying to get past that all or nothing mentality.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had the all or nothing mentality. I think what has helped with that is the no guilt thing I am so hot on. I don't know what it is that works so well for me with this, but before I would have eaten the donuts, fudge and the bagels and cream cheese and said.. oh well.. back to the diet tomorrow. The fact I am not doing this is a massive personal achievement and I do think no guilt and no beating myself up has gone a long way.

I can remember when we had donuts in here and I ate FIVE of them.. I was a mess, very sugar hyped, felt terrible and sick! Right now I have that half bagel with the seeds on, my basil pesto hummus and an orange and it is all delicious!