Small Successes

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Side note on the wipes - my gyno suggested that I make my own wipes by using the cosmetic cotton pads (the circles or squares) and soak them in witch hazel. Gets the area clean without alcohol that can burn and dry us out - and without perfumes and such in most commercial wipes. It keeps from yeast/messy situations down below if you are as sensitive as I am. I have a container that was for another type of wipes that I just use and refill. You can easily stash a few in a snack sized ziploc bag to carry in a purse or pocket for when you are out. (I have a particular health concern that makes heavy duty wiping a big no-no! Sorry if TMI.)

Also, congrats to everyone on their successes! Today's small success for me was that I wore a belt to keep up my pants (still haven't had the money to buy the size in between what I have and what I need), and I had to buckle it on the 4th notch. Last time I wore it I had to use the loosest notch. :)
  • SuzyQ390
    SuzyQ390 Posts: 13
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!!!
  • SuzyQ390
    SuzyQ390 Posts: 13
    Options
    That would of had me fumin too Heather!!!! Congrats Rat on kickin the Pepper habit!! :drinker:
    :blushing: Again I'm putting this out there, but its what got me on this journey to begin with!!! My small success - I am now able to wipe without the pain in my side and having to hold onto a handicap bar (or wall if there was none). When in public I would always use the handicap stall because of the bars to hold on to. For me thinking about it - it was a major success! WooHoo - potty freedom!!!!!! :happy:
    Blessings:flowerforyou:

Ha!! I thought I was the only one who had to do that! And yes, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Potty Freedom is wonderful, I can't wait till I get there!!!
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOO... on all of it. On no SuzyQ you are def not the only one.. everyone here has similar struggles, what I call what we have accepted as the norm of being obese. We will celebrate along the way to our new healthy weights.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A new small success I have been noticing for the past couple of weeks, my wrist is getting smaller. I've had to move the snap on my Fitbit flex up another notch. Wich is nice and all but I would prefer it to be coming off my face rather then my wrist.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    lol Pat I know right! My rings are a bit loose now, my watch is in between holes which is annoying, I am happy about this but would much rather it came off elsewhere right now!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So, my small success was twofold today :-)

I put a hairtye on my wrist like normal and it didn't cut my circulation off! That creepy, cold, purple hand thing is gone!

Secondly, I took a walk down the high street just for fun! I even called in at the library and when climbing the stairs, didn't arrive as a hot mess at the top like I did 6 months ago!

Hooray for all our small successes!

Kaela x
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    A new small success I have been noticing for the past couple of weeks, my wrist is getting smaller. I've had to move the snap on my Fitbit flex up another notch. Wich is nice and all but I would prefer it to be coming off my face rather then my wrist.

HA! I feel you! I'm CCFL. (Chubby-Cheeked-For-Life) However, I will say, if your wrists are losing, your face is, you probably just aren't noticing it because you aren't wearing a fitbit on your face ever day.
  • blondageh
    Options
    So, my small success was twofold today :-)

I put a hairtye on my wrist like normal and it didn't cut my circulation off! That creepy, cold, purple hand thing is gone!

Secondly, I took a walk down the high street just for fun! I even called in at the library and when climbing the stairs, didn't arrive as a hot mess at the top like I did 6 months ago!

Hooray for all our small successes!

Kaela x

Woo hoo!! Stairs!! The debils!
  • tishtash77
    Options
    Down into the next decade today. Hello to the 220s, don't get too attached we will also be saying fare well soon.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ok, posted this in yesterday's check-in but wanted to put it here too. Yesterday we had a meeting at St. Louis Bread Company (aka Panera Bread). They have some completely delicious sweets. Normally I would so be drooling over what they have and really wanting something even though I didn't have the money to buy anything. The great thing about yesterday was I didn't even desire to have anything. Was pretty proud of myself.

Just thought of another one. I have a favorite pair of capris that are getting big on me. I actually had to add a button to make them tighter at the waist!!!!

Dee in Missouri
  • mikesgirl4evr
    Options
    WhoooHooo, I finally did it!!!! I went up AND down the stairs at the MetroLink station doing one foot per step with no hesitation or slowing down and did NOT have to hold onto the railing!!!
  • blondageh
    Options
    WhoooHooo, I finally did it!!!! I went up AND down the stairs at the MetroLink station doing one foot per step with no hesitation or slowing down and did NOT have to hold onto the railing!!!

Woo Hoo!

congratulations_Congratulations_xdv.jpg
  • tishtash77
    Options
    Nice successes Dee :)
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    That's great, and inspiring to me...I have not done any exercise in YEARS. I really want to start doing something daily! Anything...
  • blondageh
    Options
    It happened... for over 2 months, I have been stepping on this thing with it erroring out on me.. The dreaded freight scale at work with max wgt 300. I got on today... NO ERROR. I did a happy dance. Small successes.

019824ea-5e4a-4e87-9330-333794981a00_zpsa3d6f9a9.jpg
  • tishtash77
    Options
    That is not small hun that is big!! WTG Glad it not only shows a number but it is nicely below 300 too xx
  • mikesgirl4evr
    Options
    That is a HUGE victory Heather!!! I am so happy for you. Not to mention it's not like 0.2 under 300 it's over 4 pounds under! So happy for you and yes I'm doing the happy dance at my house too. Way to go
  • blondageh
    Options
    At home I was happy when I got in the 2's but at work, I couldn't get there because of clothes and what not. It was making me so mad, I stopped even trying for a good week or so. Today, I just said.. go for it... and BOO-YAH! Even with clothes! (No shoes though, or badge..) I removed everything I could without security removing ME from the building. :blushing:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i reached 75% towards my "goal". yay
    Left - Day 1 -08/27/2013 @ 432lbs
    Right - Yesterday @ 259lbs
    14385421158_d7e5b99030.jpg