21 day challege and PCOS

Options
lady_jewels
lady_jewels Posts: 31 Member
I started having symptoms of PCOS in my late teens and by the time I was 18, my periods were totally gone. I am now 39 and have only had a handful of 'natural' periods in the last 15 years.

I did the 21 day challenge in December, making it just 14 days, but at the end of the 14 days, I had my first 'natural' period in probably 2 years. i'm not sure if it was the clean eating, the lack of sugar, or all the avacados i was eating. But, something caused my hormones to straighten up long enough to have a normal 7 day period.

i'm looking forward to seeing what changes my body goes through this time around, going the full 21 days.

Replies

• focused8152
    focused8152 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a lot of symptoms of an auto immune disorder. Still working on a true answer. But I know cutting a lot of things (processed) out of my diet will help. Today is the day I am ready to start focusing on myself!!!!!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me. I am doing this to get bikini ready. No medical problems and want to remain as healthy as possible.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did the Daniel Fast from March 5 to Easter and now continuing on the Daniel Plan. But there are still some food items that I can't seem to let go. So I want to join this group as my SOS. Can we have a TOPIC related to SOS PANIC when we are tempted and we need people to support us to stay away. Thanks

Of the list this are the food items that I still wrestle with each day:

CHIPS - occasionally
    CHOCOLATE - I allow myself once a day but I plan to elimiate completely
    CAKE and cookies - I still do it once a week or once in 2 weeks but I want to remove completely
  • lady_jewels
    lady_jewels Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the Daniel Fast from March 5 to Easter and now continuing on the Daniel Plan. But there are still some food items that I can't seem to let go. So I want to join this group as my SOS. Can we have a TOPIC related to SOS PANIC when we are tempted and we need people to support us to stay away. Thanks

Of the list this are the food items that I still wrestle with each day:

CHIPS - occasionally
    CHOCOLATE - I allow myself once a day but I plan to elimiate completely
    CAKE and cookies - I still do it once a week or once in 2 weeks but I want to remove completely

I've never heard of SOS PANIC, but you are more than welcome to start a topic about it.