Help with my boobs!

Options
AsaThorsWoman
AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
So... I think I have this: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003153.htm not "a lump."

A good thing is that symptoms should go away soon and not come back until next month.

Unfortunately, it's saying that high-fat diets and caffeine cause this, and I'm finally having the success I've been looking for with my HFLC/Keto/Paleo diet!

My hunger has completely regulated and I'm finally meeting my calorie goal with ease even considering a huge amount of my kcal per day is pure fat, and my bulletproof coffee is really helping me along with that.

It took me forever (a couple weeks) to get to this point and I'm not willing to give up now!

I'm finally seeing the weight loss I'm looking for, I'm not feeling bloated, hungry, tired, or hangry any more... it's working and I want to stick with it, and I will but dang my boobies hurt BAAAAAD!

They hurt in normal bras, they hurt with no bras, they hurt with any sort of attention, but... FWIW I've had almost no cramps and a lighter than normal time if you know what I mean, so I'm starting to feel certain my issues are hormonal and not breast cancer which was my first thought when I discovered the pain and swelling.

Have any other women had this or have advice on how to deal (men are welcome to reply if you have helpful advice)? My best thing has been to keep the sports bra on. They don't hurt in there. And ibuprofen.

Thanks, also, feel free to add me, I love my keto buddies!

:blushing:

Replies

• ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor. You don't want to mess around with something that could be serious.
  • AmandaNicole412
    AmandaNicole412 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have benign cysts in my breasts that cause a lot of pain. My ob suggested taking vitamin E and it does seem to help.
    Worth a try?!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I get the swelling/tenderness once in a while during PMS. It's HORRIBLE! Nothing really helps much, and the waiting it out sucks. Luckily, it's not an every month thing for me...I don't know what I would do if it was!

Did it start or get worse with keto for you? I don't think I had it more on keto (been on & off so many times I can't count lol)...it seems to be totally random for me.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I get the swelling/tenderness once in a while during PMS. It's HORRIBLE! Nothing really helps much, and the waiting it out sucks. Luckily, it's not an every month thing for me...I don't know what I would do if it was!

Did it start or get worse with keto for you? I don't think I had it more on keto (been on & off so many times I can't count lol)...it seems to be totally random for me.

Caeyla, yes. I'm' relatively new to Keto (I did a 2-3 week stint, got sick for a couple weeks and let it go, then now I'm 2-3 weeks in for the second time) and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened in my life.

:sick:
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Because it's the first time it's happened, you may want to check in with your doc if at all possible.

I have heard of all sorts of things happening when adapting to a new diet and losing weight, one of which is hormone fluctuation. I think that's the most likely thing, but you don't want to play around with boobies when they hurt, in any sense. :wink:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    When it comes to strange things happening with your boobs, you don't want to self-diagnose it. Get it checked out. It may by something benign as you think, but it may not. Better to be sure so you have peace of mind.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    When it comes to strange things happening with your boobs, you don't want to self-diagnose it. Get it checked out. It may by something benign as you think, but it may not. Better to be sure so you have peace of mind.

That's so true. I think survival rates are directly connected to how early cancer is detected.

God what the ****.

I don't want cancer.

I don't want biopsies.

Ya'll don't know this but I spend a full decade skipping out on the dentist because I can't tolerate pain and I'm terrified to be a patient in a medical professionals office.

I'll ask my boyfriend if he'll take me and hold my hand. I'm not sure if it's realistic to expect me to handle any sort of biopsy though.

We'll just do suicide when the cancer spreads.

LOL.
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    In my experience, anticipation and perceived discomfort usually cause me to fear the pain/procedure. I went 6 year with a herniated disc in my neck....One day I took a 3 hour nap at a hospital, woke up with an artificial disc, and have been absolutely pain free ever since. But it took me that long to talk myself into it. Be strong. Be brave. Breathe deep.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Just following up on this.

I've taken the Evening Primrose Oil daily (almost) all month and almost no pain or swelling this month.

Slight sensitivity, but that's normal. Also, the period seems to be much lighter (at least so far.)

Yay!

:smile: