Hello!

Options
cyberlucy
cyberlucy Posts: 17 Member
I am new to the group and new to a totally plant based diet. Just curious about something. How long was it after people started on this diet that they began to notice results such as feeling better physically, bp and cholesterol going down, etc?

Replies

• jaxranger
    jaxranger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So for me, it went something like this...

A week and my taste buds starred changing
    A month and weight started really coming off
    2 months and my BP dropped down significantly
    A month and not as tired as before

Other changes for me were to also cut sodium down to under 1500 mg per day, cut back on the caffeine and lots of water... So it wasn't just the plant based changes, it was several others as well...Plus, I was a vegetarian for over 15 years so it wasn't a total shock to the system in just that manner.
    I hope I'm not being too confusing!
  • cyberlucy
    cyberlucy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So for me, it went something like this...

A week and my taste buds starred changing
    A month and weight started really coming off
    2 months and my BP dropped down significantly
    A month and not as tired as before

Other changes for me were to also cut sodium down to under 1500 mg per day, cut back on the caffeine and lots of water... So it wasn't just the plant based changes, it was several others as well...Plus, I was a vegetarian for over 15 years so it wasn't a total shock to the system in just that manner.
    I hope I'm not being too confusing!

No not at all. Sounds about what I expected. I am hoping my blood pressure comes down before 2 months though. Thanks for replying! Congrats on your success.