jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
when: Nov 15, 2014
where: Gatlinburg TN
Federation: Southern Powerlifting Federation
event: RecordBreakers
class: Raw/Masters 40-44
weight: not sure as of yet. would like to be in 242, but most likely 259 again
goals: 500+ squat/350 bench/500+ deadlift/minimum 1300 total

this will be my first meet ever using wraps and a belt. if they "help" like i keep reading, then the 500/500 shouldnt be an issue at all. im within a few lbs of both of those as of now with no wraps or belt.

whats everyone else got coming up next.

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    When: July 26th, 2014
    Where: Lancaster, PA
    Federation: RPS
    Event: PA State Championships
    Class: Open. A year until sub master status kicks in :laugh:
    Division: Raw Modern (Raw+knee sleves or wraps. If you just wear sleeves you can qualify for raw without wraps numbers for various things. I can't give up the rehbands!)
    Weight: On pace for 181
    Goals: Squat: 325, Bench: 145, Deadlift 375 super goal 405

I just finished my first cycle of 531 after switching from mad cow. I tested my 1rm before I started and had 315 squat, 145 bench, and 360 dead although I blew an attempt at 375 that I'm pretty sure I could have had. I thought my back was rounding really badly, and I value my discs so I put it back down. My gym friends said form looked great. Weird. I'm feeling confident I can hit modest PR's 3 cycles out from the testing. My spreadsheet says my DL is estimated at 386 now thus the "super goal" of 405. Plus I really want to have a 4 plate DL.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    when: Aug 16, 2014
    where: Bloomington, IL
    Federation: USPA
    event: Powerlifting
    class: Raw/Submaster 35-39
    weight: 181 class
    goals: to get my first meet "under my belt." And to not lose to a girl. Unless she's really strong and awesome. LOL
  • geek23ka
    geek23ka Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    when: Nov 2014
    where: Dallas, TX
    Federation: NASA
    event: SubMasters/Masters Nationals
    weight: i am hoping for 198. currently 222.
    goals: 240 squat/150 bench/350 deadlift are my goals.

my %^&^%^& squat is dirving me nuts. I am doing a ton of SBS and cambered bar squats as well as doing lots of core training (flipping tires throwing tires from side to side, ab rollouts) so i won't flippin lean forward when it gets the least bit "heavy"

bench is definitely do'able. deadlift is a good goal. i'm at about 310 now. it's exciting going into this meet. my first one was sort of a test to see how i do under pressure. thankfully, i didn't freak out. haha.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When: June 8, 2014
    Where: Grand Rapids, MI
    APF Sr Nationals
    Wt: 165 so long as my cut goes well
    Goals: 265 sq/ 175 bench/315 DL

Those are all big PRs and chances are I might hit 1/3. Would love a 750 total.
    My main concern is that I tend to squat to just parallel, and you never know how the judging will go. I had been thinking of opening 235 but will most likely do 215 just to be safe.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    When: June 14th, 2014
    Where: Plano, TX
    APF Show of Strength
    Weight: Super Heavyweight 340lbs
    Goals: 600+ Squat, 400+ Bench, 700+ Deadlift, 1700+ Total

My squat has been awesome lately, my deadlift is alrightish (which is strange because it's usually my best lift). I'm not much of a bench presser though :/
  • Lofteren
    Options

this will be my first meet ever using wraps and a belt. if they "help" like i keep reading, then the 500/500 shouldnt be an issue at all. im within a few lbs of both of those as of now with no wraps or belt.

Psssh!!! "If they help" lol.

If 500/500 is within the realm of possibility without a belt and knee wraps then you'll smoke those numbers with them.
  • jlclabo
    Options

If 500/500 is within the realm of possibility without a belt and knee wraps then you'll smoke those numbers with them.

thats good to know. i used the wraps in training for the first time the other day just to see how they feel. i had already done my complete working sets of 2x8 @ 335 and 5x2 @ 385. wrapped up my knees and did 405 for a very easy double, then 455 for a solid atg single. i am positive with just warm ups and building with some heavy singles i could blow by 500 pretty solidly. ill know in a couple weeks when max effort week rolls around in my program.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    June 21 in Mississauga- Classic unequipped - belt/knee sleeves
    57 kg weight class
    squat - 110
    bench 57.5
    deadlift 140
    total 307.5 (678bls)
  • Lofteren
    Options

thats good to know. i used the wraps in training for the first time the other day just to see how they feel. i had already done my complete working sets of 2x8 @ 335 and 5x2 @ 385. wrapped up my knees and did 405 for a very easy double, then 455 for a solid atg single. i am positive with just warm ups and building with some heavy singles i could blow by 500 pretty solidly. ill know in a couple weeks when max effort week rolls around in my program.

Try letting your knees drift forward a bit more than usual in order to load them more. With a 455 ATG squat you could probably break 500 now if you were used to squatting in them and knew how to use them efficiently.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    got a little more time in with them yesterday. ended up with 455x3 for my final set. i have the video, ill have to see if i can get it on my youtube and link it. my son was giving me the up call, so i dont think i was going as deep as i needed though. i know i can get deeper with it and still triple it.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdIOpJgkbc

here is the link to my 455x3. my son was calling up and was calling it a little too soon. first time he has give me up calls so he has a little more to learn.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Eastern USA Open 100% Raw Federation
    19 July
    Woodbridge, VA

198 lbs weight class, Masters 40-44
    Probably doing bench press only for this one. Should bench around 315 or more.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    when: 11 Oct 2014
    where: Lancaster, OH
    Federation: APA
    event: Ohio Open RAW Championships
    class: Raw/Masters 45-49
    weight: 198
    goals: 405 squat/ 265 bench/ 500 deadlift/ 1,170 total

Currently at 335/220 (paused) / 455 so I have some progress to make between now and Oct.

I am going to hit a local meet that is Bench/DL/Curl up just to get the adrenaline going.
  • coachbennettlhs
    coachbennettlhs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When: Oct 2014
    Where: Lakeland, FL
    Federation: WABDL
    Class: Submasters 33-39
    Weight: either 242 or 259
    Goals: 525 bench w/ shirt; 650 deadlift raw; 1175 total push/pull

I planned on doing a raw meet this summer but the date and venue changed so I will wait until October.