Question Over/Under Macros

Options
Deleval417
Deleval417 Posts: 9 Member
I modified my goals for carb, fat and protein per the IIFYM calculator. This week I lost 1lb in spite of not being able to work out at all. I felt great. I was not hungry and cravings were at a minimum, however, I noticed that I consistently was UNDER GOAL on Carbs, OVER GOAL on Protein and just about right on fat. My question is how close do you need to get to your macros? I heard you can go over/under a little but what is acceptable? I 'm not sure if I should adjust my macros permanently to what I ate last week since that worked? Try hitting my macros this week, see what happens? or just leave it alone?. I was unable to workout last week due to my husbands illness but I will be able to get back to working out this week. I run 3x per week and am lifting/calisthenics 3x per week.

Replies

• tdawg875
    tdawg875 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I follow the IIFYM Women Facebook page and the response given on there is that we should try to get within +/- 5 grams on any of the macros but is most important to hit your protein and fat. If you are on Facebook, I would recommend following them. A lot of good information.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I follow the IIFYM Women Facebook page and the response given on there is that we should try to get within +/- 5 grams on any of the macros but is most important to hit your protein and fat. If you are on Facebook, I would recommend following them. A lot of good information.

^^ THIS!! I follow this group as well. I strive to be as close as I can (back on track after vacation). But I was told that +/- 5 g gives you the wiggle room. I'm trying to get closer to my fat target. Luckily I just started switching to 2% Greek yogurt, so that'll help. Good luck! :flowerforyou: