Starting on Monday

Options
Hi!

I am starting Chalean extreme on Monday and I am kind of nervous. Any helpful hints, tip, advice, or ways to stay motivated would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    CHX is great!

Tips:
    1. Make sure you eat enough. 1200 calories is NOT enough. You are going to be hungry. Muscles are hungry creatures.

2. Don't give up if you see a weight gain or no movement in the beginning. It's normal, we all go through it.

3. Take measurements and do "before" pictures. I was doing my photo updates weekly the first go round, but now I'm on my 3rd so only doing monthly.

4. No shame in the modifiers!
  • bhimt71
    bhimt71 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Thank you!

You got it! I'm surprised that some of the other ladies haven't said anything yet.

Oh, it's not a tip, but you'll start to have favorite support crew people.

I love Skip for real.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything Pip said. Plus do not be afraid to go heavier than you think. I am not sure what if any other programs you have done but you are likely stronger than you think. It did Body Revolution before this and that is much lighter weights and I am able to do what Chalene does on most exercises. I also find it helpful to preview the each workout first to actually sit and watch how the moves are done since form is so important. I also then note on my worksheet what she weight she is using so I can gauge what weight I want attempt.

Also, try to work on your nutrition from the beginning. I struggle and my results are not nearly what I have heard from others. I am definitely doing a second round to get the most out of this program.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    OP - are you still doing the program?
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    If she isn't... I started this morning lol

Previously did NROWL but my weight room got buried in house stuff (remodeling..sigh)... been doing that for months, let myself gooooooooooooooooooooo badly and finally snapped back out of it.

Grabbed my selecttechs out of the weight room (after digging to find them) and got them ready for this morning... so at 5:15am I pushed play for Burn Circuit 1. :)

Nice to meet you...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    If she isn't... I started this morning lol

Previously did NROWL but my weight room got buried in house stuff (remodeling..sigh)... been doing that for months, let myself gooooooooooooooooooooo badly and finally snapped back out of it.

Grabbed my selecttechs out of the weight room (after digging to find them) and got them ready for this morning... so at 5:15am I pushed play for Burn Circuit 1. :)

Nice to meet you...

Hi :) Welcome to the group!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    thanks! guess I need to make my own thread for proper intro LOL
  • ShellBels
    ShellBels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How is the program going? I'm starting this coming Sunday, July 6th. :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    How is the program going? I'm starting this coming Sunday, July 6th. :)

We haven't heard back. But this program is awesome. It's funny because I've done it 3 times now and still think it's challenging and not boring. Admittedly I did it in the gym this round.