Weekly Check In (May 18-May 24, 2014)

Options
Slulik
Slulik Posts: 79 Member
Share your progress, challenges and questions!

Replies

• Slulik
    Slulik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I only did 2 workouts last week. I never ended up going Fri/Sat or Sunday!

Time to make up for it for the coming week.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 of phase one today. I would've yesterday, but spent time gardening instead. Excited to keep at it, though. I love phase one, and it always zips by in a flash!
  • shellwow
    shellwow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you guys still on the LiveFit Program? Looking for some others to cheer on and cheer me on...I am on day 30 today.

Struggling with the diet and amount of food, however, just came off a sever virus where I cleaned out Everything....sorry tmi. BUt trying to work up to the amounts Jamie suggests, but in the end, I am still tracking calories, just to make sure I am not overeating but also to allow some foods off plan (but still include them in my caloric allotment). I am trying to track macros as well as calories, as I am big into weight training and trying to get very lean and stay there.

I hired a trainer and he had me on a diet with a lot of lean protein, steamed green veggies, brown rice, potatoes, oats and egg whites and pretty much stuck to it for 5 weeks with great results. The calories were around 1500/day and I also was weight training 5days / week and doing double cardio sessions. And my 6pack started to show!!! Woohooo, BUT as soon as I stopped doing double cardio sessions, the abs got softer and I am since struggling to get back there.

My theory is that I want to be lean year-round and the only way that will happen is with a diet and workout routine I can live with. I am still trying to follow a similar diet, but watching my macros, including limited healthy fats, monitoring calories and eventually trying to increase my calories. And the biggest challenge is to not do endless hours off cardio. Instead, I am doing 2-3 HIIT sessions per week, but follow Jamie's weight training program. I really want to put on muscle because I look average and if I lose fat, I will look skinny fat, and I don't want that. I want to look more muscular, like a fitness model. And ladies...if you are afraid of getting bulky....it won't happen. I have been busting my butt for 7 months, weight training with the heaviest weights I can possibly do safely, reps 10-12, and I am struggling to put on muscle. I wish I could put on some muscle but it is a long long process..so I keep at it.