Into the Home Stretch!

Options
13»

Replies

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    IT'S THE END OF MAY!!! Can you believe how fast this past 2 weeks went? I need to change the description of the group, because our 24 hour in 2 week challenge is coming to an end. Well, my final number for the challenge is 26:55. For the entire month of May, I exercised 50:55, which I'm pretty sure is a personal record. That's an average of 764 minutes/week. Not bad for a grandma, if I may say so myself. Imagine what my numbers would be if I hadn't slowed down a week ago? I'm just proud to be within spitting distance of Rachael and she's been kind enough to only count her "very active minutes". I counted all of the intentional exercise I did, including yoga.

Stephanie, I think you, me & Rachael caught the "exercise bug" and now not being able to exercise as much as possible feels like punishment to us. I'm telling you, if you had told me that I'd be pouting about not being able to exercise 800 minutes/week anymore just 6 months ago, I would have thought you were hysterically funny. I used to loathe moving around. I used to hate walking to the train station (which used to take me 10 minutes and now takes me 5--it's a half mile walk). Have you tried Jillian Michael's "Killer Abs"? I want to try it again, but my knees acted up, after doing it twice, so I stopped. I think I'll just modify the stuff that requires jumping around, so I don't hurt my knees.

By the way, ladies, feel free to invite your fitness focused friends to join our group. We've had many people drop out in the last 2 weeks. Only the true warriors are still here, I suppose;) I'm going to check the settings, after I post this, but I think I made it public. Maybe, I can make all of us hard core people who are still here moderators, too. I don't know what that does, but let's see... Remember, June is the burn "whatever number of calories feels like a challenge to you" month.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    One of these months I will work on my lingering hatred of all abs exercises, but not quite yet. ;-)

I think my sister has that one, though. She has pretty much all of the JM DVDs and has and has an abs one she does a lot, although she's mostly doing Insanity at the moment. She loves exercise DVDs, and would lend me any of the ones she is not using--she was pushing Body Revolution which might be interesting if I can't do the kind of weight routine I want for a while, but I'll have to see if the cardio intervals work. I've liked 30DS in the past, but know the cardio intervals for that would probably be riskier than just running!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Good Morning WW,

Well I finished up my 2 week challenge with a bang....of the hammer that is! I put in 2 hours or so of deconstructing a wooden bridge, which, along with an hour on Friday puts me at exactly 24 hours of exerting myself with activity and exercise! The challenge did push me to do more on days I might've eased off so I appreciate the extra encouragement of participating with all of you Warrior Women! Thanks, Sue, for initiating and moderating......you rock!