Today's Thoughts….

Options
I'd love to sit here and meet you all as you join, but I'm going to get up and get ready for the day.

Share something that has been a motivator for you and maybe for us.

- For the last 2 weeks I have had a picture of me at my healthiest weight on the fridge … held by a magnet that reads "Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels". It's working for me!

Replies

• jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Really hmmm I should try that and see if I can get a photo of me on my Iphone as a screen saver. Since I am on the phone through out the day. What a good idea.
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    It definitely works. Just made my son and his friends french toast, eggs, bacon and sausage - breakfast of temptation! I had egg white and turkey sausage. 1 piece of french toast left offer and my son offered it to me. I looked at the picture and the french toast and said "I can't." Then I changed it to "I chose not to." I actually liked that better "I chose not to"…..
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Well some may think this is insane but I bought these jeans I really liked that are 2 sizes to small. I can just get them over my hips. I know I will get into them in the fall , I am determined. This helps keeps me focued as I dont want the money to go to waste
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not insane! I have a pair of favorite jeans that I have kept for over 6 years. They are currently two sizes too small, but I WILL wear them again (hopefully this fall)!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Great motivation with the jeans! It's a reward worth trying for.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have some summer clothes (shorts & capris) that I bought in 2008, when I was in denial about my weight gain. My kids were little & I didn't have time to try them on or return them. (They are just black and still in style & mostly for work)

I can get them on this year & do them up. They are still a bit tight, but hopefully by the end of the summer they will be too big & I can move on! I want to be able to start to wear them to work by the end of June, so that I get some use out of them after keeping them around for so long!

That's my motivation for right now :)
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Congrats on the clothes lpeltenburg! You are almost there! Can't wait til June comes and you can tell us you did it!!!!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the clothing motivation....I have quite a few things that I want to wear this summer. And, I should be able to if I try hard enough! :happy:
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture of me at my biggest on my fridge to get me to think about why I'm opening the fridge. Am I bored? or Actually hungry?

I also buy a pair of jeans 1 size too small to measure my progress when the scale isn't budging.
  • hope4dcb
    hope4dcb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Question for anyone. I am on my third day of eating healthy and exercising. Doing well except for the problem that I have started losing energy and having an upset stomach. I have not given in and eaten anything bad. I have not skipped meals and have eaten just a little today. Has anyone else experience any of these symptoms??
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Question for anyone. I am on my third day of eating healthy and exercising. Doing well except for the problem that I have started losing energy and having an upset stomach. I have not given in and eaten anything bad. I have not skipped meals and have eaten just a little today. Has anyone else experience any of these symptoms??

Hi Hope, definitely had loss of energy my first 3-5 days; not the upset stomach though. What is your protein/carb/fat ratio? How much water are you taking? If you are hungry, eat carrots - even if it puts you over the calories for day. Seriously, did anyone get overweight eating carrots? :)

If you share want to share your diary, I'll peek and offer suggestions. I'm on my 3rd week and I will say after 1.5 weeks I felt 100% like me again … and even noticed I sleep better.

I would definitely recommend having some plain chicken or egg whites (no yolk!!!) before bed so you don't wake up feeling sick.

PS. I love your star-fish
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use protein powder? I see recipes for smoothies I would like to try that use protein powder, but there are so many different kinds out there! Any suggestions?
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Does anyone use protein powder? I see recipes for smoothies I would like to try that use protein powder, but there are so many different kinds out there! Any suggestions?

I just ordered Isopure Zero Carb protein shake. 2 scoops is 210 calories, 1 fat, 50 protein. I'm thinking I may do 1 scoop and still get plenty protein w/less calories. I won't receiving it until late this week, but I will definitely let you know how it is. I found it at GNC.
  • maureli
    Options
    I sometimes use Kaizen Natural isolate whey protein powder. When I was training for the half-marathon I would use it, and my hubby uses it as well. However, I don't really know much about them, lol...I just picked it off the shelf.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I just ordered Isopure Zero Carb protein shake. 2 scoops is 210 calories, 1 fat, 50 protein. I'm thinking I may do 1 scoop and still get plenty protein w/less calories. I won't receiving it until late this week, but I will definitely let you know how it is. I found it at GNC.

Notice: Please don't yell at me - I'm not an expert, I'm just sharing what I was told. :smile:

I don't know much about protein powder but my OB/GYN told me to steer clear of soy protein powders. Something with soy and increased amounts of estrogen attributing to increased occurrences of cancer. I know if we listen to everything bad about foods, we wouldn't eat anything, but I like (and trust) my doctor. She said the best choice was a combination of whey and casein.

I do eat processed foods with ingredients I cannot pronounce - just sayin'.
  • burton112770
    burton112770 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Dr. told me to stay away from soy protein as well...I have fibroids and she said that soy transforms into something that mimics estrogen in the body. I drink a premixed shake for breakfast called Oh Yeah!, it's really tasty and it whey protein.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't digest whey protein very well, so I use usually go for pea protein.I am using one from costco right now called complete green protein. I have also used pea protein powders that contain Maca, for extra energy & hormone regulation.
  • merlynn
    merlynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love being able to shop in my own closet and wear the things I've been hanging on to for so long!
  • maureli
    Options
    I love being able to shop in my own closet and wear the things I've been hanging on to for so long!

such a great reward!
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I can't wait to be able to do that myself! I was able to put on a ring this week that has been too small. I have felt like I was retaining a lot of water weight and that does seem to have been the case.