Food & Recipe Ideas

I miss my ice-coffee with sugar and enough cream to really order it as "i'll have some coffee with my cream." I recently found this: Monin Sugar-Free Syrup in Vanilla flavor. 0 calories, 0 fat, (chemicals yes, but this is my guilty pleasure!). I add this and nothing else to my ice-coffee and feel treated!!!

Replies

• cyndiwhitney
    cyndiwhitney Posts: 9 Member
    Is there aspertame in this syrup?
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Starbucks sells sugar free syrup too. Not sure the ingredients.

I started drinking Raspberry Green Tea drinks from Tim Hortons (Canada) similar to an Ice Capp, not a very good idea when I looked at the calorie intake and sugar. But does a person drink when the AC is broken at your work place it is 28 c (82 f) outside. Oh the boredom eating for the long car ride to visit family.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Yes I drink mine with milk insread of cream and no syrup. the lack of sweetness doesnt bother me anymore but it took sometime
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Cyndi - there is Splenda sucralose in it. Their website is moninstore (com) -- abbreviating so post doesn't go to spam.
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Something I've been doing lately is drinking dandelion tea every morning on the way to work. For some reason, it has really helped me increase my water intake through the day and cut down on my diet cokes. I'm a diet coke junkie and was drinking 3-4 a day. Last week with the dandelion tea, I only had one coke per day. The great thing was, I didn't find myself craving them. I'm actually thinking I may be able to kick the diet coke habit now.

I also discovered some great tea at trader joes. I take one Tejava with me to work, and at home I'm drinking the kettle brewed green and white tea mix. No sugar in either one.
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    emy_r; the dandelion detoxes your liver. In Germany we even eat the dandelion leaves as a salad in early spring (before they bloom). My grandma used to make it for us. It has a slightly bitter taste, but it is bareable. Even it is considered a weed and no one wants it on the lawn, it is acutally one of the healing plans for multiple things.
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    emy_r; the dandelion detoxes your liver. In Germany we even eat the dandelion leaves as a salad in early spring (before they bloom). My grandma used to make it for us. It has a slightly bitter taste, but it is bareable. Even it is considered a weed and no one wants it on the lawn, it is acutally one of the healing plans for multiple things.

I've read about the benefits online, but never tried it before now. My mother-in-law grew up in Ohio, and she said her mom would always gather dandelions in the spring for salad. Never heard of doing that where I'm from. My mother-in-law said her mom told her she was of Pennsylvania Dutch heritage, which from what I've read refers to a cultural group of early, German speaking immigrants to Pennsylvania. So a German connection.

I like the taste pretty well. At first it seemed pretty bitter, but I think my taste buds have adapted to it now. I've very happy that I'm drinking more water and cutting down on my soft drinks. I've now also added green tea and I'm "only" drinking 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm embarrassed to say how much coffee I was drinking before!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    I remember picking dandelions as a kid and then if I got my hands around my mouth thinking how bitter and strong they were. I didn't know that there was such a thing as dandelion tea! lol