May.31st 2014 Saturday 9am EST

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahsweightlossjourney
    Options
    There is a weekly post for everyone to who cant make Saturdays to post there progress there anytime that way no ones left out. Im making it now it will have todays date on it check it out please
    Sorry I can't make Saturday morning groups either cause you guys are on the other side of the globe and I am sleeping while you are all weighing in!. And I weigh in on Wednesday's so it puts everything out. Feel sad that I can't really join in much
    Options
    Great job on the weightloss this week!
    Im trying to lose 15lbs this summer. I think its important to keep goals realistic so you can stay on track and dont get discouraged if they don't come out the way you wanted. 20lbs end of July would be realistic if ur losing around 2lbs a week. I say go for it and work hard! Walking dogs is a great exercise, I find it very enjoyable, even better if you can bring some one along once in awhile. Im still working on getting my water back up this week. Thanks for the tips I like green beans so I will give that a try.
    Hi guys!

This week I lost 4.4 pounds. I REALLY tried to stick to my daily calorie allowance and hopefully I can keep it up. My dream is to lose 20 pounds by July but I know that isn't super realistic. So maybe just 10 :wink:

As far as fitness goes, I need to amp it up. I'm studying for my boards in 2 weeks and feel like I don't have much time to spare. Right now I am walking my dogs about 1.5 miles everyday.

I think paying attention to how much water I drink actually played a major role in my weight loss this week as well. Definitely wasn't drink a lot of water before.

Sarah, one of my favorite meals (as someone who can't eat wheat) is to substitute green beans for pasta. They taste great with marinara or as stir-fry, etc. You can buy bags of frozen vegetables for very cheap. You could also try quinoa. It's a better alternative to pasta because it has some protein and won't create such a high blood sugar spike.

Have a great week everybody!
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! A day late, but better late than never! I'm doing great this week! I just restarted my weight-loss journey and I always start strong. Here's to keeping it up!

I haven't been weighing properly, but generally, my weight seems to have dropped about 2 lbs this week. That sounds great, but really, most of it was water weight from my cycle last week (sorry, tmi). Hoping to keep it up.

My short term goal is to drop one size by mid-August when I have to buy a new work wardrobe - I'm a teacher. I stopped by my favorite store today to look at all the clothes so I could imagine how much better they will look in my new size :)

Been hitting the gym for an elliptical work out about 4 days a week, and taking a 5k walk 2-3 days. I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of abs, such as planks, and some upper body (which I get by playing with my 25 lb toddler!!).

I can totally feel a difference when my water intake is low. I feel so much hungrier and sluggish if I'm not downing water all day. It's not a natural thing for me to drink that much water, so I'm making it a goal.

Hope everyone else had a great week!!
    Options
    Sounds good! :smile: keep it up!
    Hey! A day late, but better late than never! I'm doing great this week! I just restarted my weight-loss journey and I always start strong. Here's to keeping it up!

I haven't been weighing properly, but generally, my weight seems to have dropped about 2 lbs this week. That sounds great, but really, most of it was water weight from my cycle last week (sorry, tmi). Hoping to keep it up.

My short term goal is to drop one size by mid-August when I have to buy a new work wardrobe - I'm a teacher. I stopped by my favorite store today to look at all the clothes so I could imagine how much better they will look in my new size :)

Been hitting the gym for an elliptical work out about 4 days a week, and taking a 5k walk 2-3 days. I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of abs, such as planks, and some upper body (which I get by playing with my 25 lb toddler!!).

I can totally feel a difference when my water intake is low. I feel so much hungrier and sluggish if I'm not downing water all day. It's not a natural thing for me to drink that much water, so I'm making it a goal.

Hope everyone else had a great week!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I track my weight loss Fridays but the scale says I am down 2.5 since last Friday so we will see if it is just fluctuating. Lost 2 last week and my goal is to hopefully lose at least 2 a week until I am really close to my goal