help!... just getting started

Options
I just joined mfp last night. I have been meaning to for awhile. Need support and suggestions. I am almost 40, been battling depression and fighting weight gain. Just can't keep doing this. .. Need to get healthy. I'm ready. I think.

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm working on my lifestyle changes and can say, have a go.
    Probably don't attempt too much all at once.
    Easy does it.
    I am feeling very positive as I have been moderating my eating for over 8 months (I count and log everything here on MFP) and have been exercising for 4 months. I haven't over eaten or binged in that time. I've had weight loss 24kgs - 53lbs approx.
    I hadn't exercised for 20 years and got back in the pool for the first time in 40 years.
    For me the exercise has greatly improved my over all mood. I now feel quite positive and motivated most of the time.
    Its the exercise (and the success of the weightloss) which has had a profound effect on my well being.
    Give it all a go.
  • BekkahS1552
    BekkahS1552 Posts: 34
    Options
    As the old cliche goes, sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to work your way back up. I've had the worst year of my life, but have decided to leave those days where they belong ~ in the past. Make small changes to everyday life... they will lead to big changes overall (or so I've heard :smile: )

Take care and don't give up on yourself :flowerforyou: