Need motivation - would anyone share a progress pic?

Options
allergictodiets
allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
Basically what the title says - would any of you Hypo/Hashi pals show me that losing weight / toning up is in fact possible? :-)

Replies

• silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    hey, i'm hypo and i lost 50lbs over the course of a year (ok, i've put 15lb back on with being rubbish, but it is doable). Have a look at my profile pics - the one with the donkey is starting weight (near 200lb) and the christmas pic is lowest weight (near 150lb)

hope it's motivating!
  • steviecooke1985
    steviecooke1985 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've posted a photo - so I hope it works. This is the difference of about two-ish months (Jan-Mar) 6 pounds and healthy eating and walking. I honestly didn't even properly diet during this time. HOWEVER, I am a bit stuck here now. I'm 5 foot 2 and weight 10 stone 12 and I'm medium-large build. I've just got a fitbit flex it's confirmed my thoughts that I'm pretty active generally so I can eat quite a lot and stay stable in my weight.

To lose more I'm now I'm trying to walk even more and track properly and honestly. I tend to gain all my noticeable weight around the middle - the two things that really work for me are walking (at least 10,000 steps a day) and the 30 day shred.

I'm lucky as my bloods are pretty stable - my TSH has been between 1.4-2 in the past 2 years and my T4 has only decreased a little bit (can't remember exactly but can find out if anyone's interested).

I know it's not a huge difference but I hope it helps! I know I like to see as many pics as possible from people in the same thyroid situation. :smile:

PROGRESS-1.png
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't have any photos, but I have Hashi's and I lost weight.

I really like Mybodygallery.com. It shows you that two women of the same height & weight can look completely different.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It is amazing what a difference 6 pounds can make @steviecooke19.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same...Amazing progress for 6 lbs...very motivating for me to loose that last 12-15. I may actually feel like I would be done with deficit and go to maintenance?? Oh..it seems so far away...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same...Amazing progress for 6 lbs...very motivating for me to loose that last 12-15. I may actually feel like I would be done with deficit and go to maintenance?? Oh..it seems so far away...
    The closer you get to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just how the human body works.

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient. The smaller goal will also help you transition to maintenance.
  • steviecooke1985
    Options
    Thanks! I'm both unlucky and lucky being short - every pound on shows, but so does every pound off! Must get my act into gear and lose the next six now. :smile:
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been hypo for 15 years and diligently taking my Synthroid. I've lost over 50 lbs! You can do it!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1233618-i-did-it-50-lbs-lost-reached-my-goal

12c5a71d-bf39-483b-aaf5-932faa4fbf5f_zps997e499c.jpg
  • steviecooke1985
    Options
    Wow! You look great! :happy: :drinker:

Can I ask how long it took and how many calories you stuck too? Oh and what kind of exercise did you do etc?
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    oh, found my original post with photos in case anyone was interested!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/414511-50lb-down-wanted-to-show-my-pics
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hypothyroid for 12 years. i am 5'4 went from 90 kg to 55 kg in 7 months.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Hashimoto's, full hypothyroid. Currently on 60mg of Armour. The before pics here are the day I started my Armour. The after pics are from about a month ago, so they're a little dated. I've lost more since these, but they give a good sense. I've gone from a size 13-15, back to a size 6!

Progress1_zps7f17eb99.png

progress2_zps78c4e240.jpg

These next ones are just the difference in my face. From October, right before I started being strict with diet and working out (I was waiting for my levels to even out) to March. Definitely dated at this point

69baa21a-930c-45aa-9e68-ac06ea3e9d99_zps694f6d2f.jpg

Toooooo....now! Sorry for the dumb face, I don't know how to make a normal one, haha

asd_zps0cedb93a.jpg

(Sorry for the multitude of pictures. I've been excited about finally being able to lose weight)