Lean Phase Ladies - Starting week of 5/26

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
Hey everyone!

I know a few of us are starting Lean or are in an early stage of Lean, so I wanted to start a spin off thread where we could post our:

Struggles
Gripes
Accomplishments
Progress thru the schedule

Specifically related to this phase.

Today I am doing Lean 1. Normally I start on Mondays but since yesterday I was home I did my run and am doing 1 today and 2 tomorrow.

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today I'll be doing Lean 2 pt 1.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Yesterday was Lean 2. OMG I could barely move 5-10 lbs around.

Moving the legs and arms simultaneously really makes you slow down and focus.

Sore glutes today.

Today is my cardio day, so I'll be on the treadmill.

How is everyone else in Lean doing?
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Pipsg1rl,

Good for you with starting lean this week. I like the thread you started. The one week I completed about killed me & it is really messing with my mind to get back on it.

I have been doing cardio this week but have not made it back on the Lean.... my schedule right now has been really tough with late nights since baseball started for my son and I am having a heck of a time getting back on my early morning schedule to do CLX. I have to find the energy or figure out a differerent schedule. I have been using my lunch time at work to get back into running on the treadmill at work so that is good but not good news on CLX. I will find the zone again I just have to committ and do it.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Do they have weights at your gym? You could write the exercises down and do them there. That's how I work it.

Lean is definitely the most difficult of them all. And it's hard to go down in weights when for an entire month you work on going heavy (or going home).

Don't feel to stressed, you are moving and that's a great goal in itself.

Hugs to you!
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls I just found this thread and will start posting here. I will be starting my last week on Push Monday. Glad everyone is doing Good.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Come to the Lean Side!

...there are no cookies...
  • SusanJenai
    SusanJenai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey, just Curious what is Lean phase like? Is it similar to Burn phase and how many reps? I'm just starting push phase...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hey, just Curious what is Lean phase like? Is it similar to Burn phase and how many reps? I'm just starting push phase...

Lean is more like Burn, yes. You are doing 10-12 reps for Failure and combo exercises. I have a hard time using the same weight I used for Push and go back to Burn weights.
  • SusanJenai
    SusanJenai Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Lean is more like Burn, yes. You are doing 10-12 reps for Failure and combo exercises. I have a hard time using the same weight I used for Push and go back to Burn weights.

Ok, Gotcha!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    HI Girls,
    Pipsgr1l - thanks for the encouragement, I am currently not a gym member because we did not have a gym close by but the gym that closed just reopened. That is a good idea to do at the gym if needed. I did get back on schedule this morning at 5:30 am YEAH! It felt really good to accomplish it. I decided to start over with week 1 of Lean. How did your week end last week with Lean and you still going strong? I printed a copy of the month schedule and posted on my fridge to cross off both workouts. I think this really mentally helps me because when I had it posted for the Burn and Phase I committed. Somehow I forgot to do it for Lean and looked what happened (fell off the wagon) LOL:explode:

Ldeegirl - can't wait until you get to the Lean Stage. It will be fun to compare stories. Good job for sticking with the program. At times I have felt like I am not getting anywhere but now people are asking me if I have lost weight. That is awesome, I have only lost about 10 lbs but I must be getting solid and look better. That is what matters.

Susan - Hang in there, you will love this program. It is amazing what we can accomplish:drinker:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    HI Girls,
    Pipsgr1l - thanks for the encouragement, I am currently not a gym member because we did not have a gym close by but the gym that closed just reopened. That is a good idea to do at the gym if needed. I did get back on schedule this morning at 5:30 am YEAH! It felt really good to accomplish it. I decided to start over with week 1 of Lean. How did your week end last week with Lean and you still going strong? I printed a copy of the month schedule and posted on my fridge to cross off both workouts. I think this really mentally helps me because when I had it posted for the Burn and Phase I committed. Somehow I forgot to do it for Lean and looked what happened (fell off the wagon) LOL:explode:

Today was L1/2. Talk about Bi/Tri MURDER. In Push I was using 15-20s. In Lean... well, it's more like 10s! By the last Bicep curl and Sumo Squat with Calf Raises you just fall down and cry...
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am starting Lean today. I went through and watched the workouts so I could get the weights Chalene uses and I was surprised how low some of the exercises were. I always attempt what she is using first and it was less than I used in Push. It sounds like that is right after reading your comments though.

I went to California and did a ton of walking but I am ready to get back and finish strong! I have not seen much in the way of results but I am ready to get control of my diet and see some progress this month.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am starting Lean today. I went through and watched the workouts so I could get the weights Chalene uses and I was surprised how low some of the exercises were. I always attempt what she is using first and it was less than I used in Push. It sounds like that is right after reading your comments though.

I went to California and did a ton of walking but I am ready to get back and finish strong! I have not seen much in the way of results but I am ready to get control of my diet and see some progress this month.

Yes, don't be afraid to drop some weight. Especially at the end of the workouts when you've done the same muscle a few times.

I told my husband I need to tighten up my diet this morning. I keep cycling the same 2 lbs. I thought it was gone, then BAM back again.

But I've lost 8 lbs since January. Overall, the trend is downward. Don't "they" say it's the last 5 pounds that's the hardest? That's where I'm at.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Yes I have always hear the last 5 or 10 is the hardest! Hope you see some movement soon.

I finished Lean 1. I did have to go down on some of the biceps because my muscles were just so tired. There seemed to be so many moves for biceps this workout. I also had horrible balance on the final move.

Good news is I actually had Greek yogurt I did not hate! I know it is probably best to buy plain and add in fresh fruit but I do not like greek yogurt really. I tried a blueberry Yopliat 100 Calorie greek yogurt today and I like it. 10g of protein at 100 calories, I will take it!
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls Today was a day off.

Pipsg1rl- great job with the weights. That is so funny about crying. I think I cried a Few times. lol

Susan -Looks like you are having great results. Good Job!

Kris - I Hope that you enjoyed Lean. I am with you all the way lets get some results this month. If only the diet part was easier. Do you have any plans for the Diet? Are you following the CLX plan?

Ruby- I am looking foward to Lean next week. Only 2 days of Push left. I dont know if you know this but I have been doing CLX on and off since it came out in 2009 and this is my 9th round. But for some reason I switched up workouts & got lazy and havent did CLX it for about a year. Now the workouts all seam fresh and new. Lean is not my favorite but I love the variety each month. I also have a printed calendar and it really does help to check each workout off as you do them. I am so glad to hear your getting compliments that is so awesome and keeps motivated to keep you going. Great Job on the 10lb loss! So Happy for You!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Yes I have always hear the last 5 or 10 is the hardest! Hope you see some movement soon.

I finished Lean 1. I did have to go down on some of the biceps because my muscles were just so tired. There seemed to be so many moves for biceps this workout. I also had horrible balance on the final move.

Good news is I actually had Greek yogurt I did not hate! I know it is probably best to buy plain and add in fresh fruit but I do not like greek yogurt really. I tried a blueberry Yopliat 100 Calorie greek yogurt today and I like it. 10g of protein at 100 calories, I will take it!

There are a lot of bicep moves in L1, you're so right! My triceps STILL hurt today and it's the day after the day after :)

If you don't like greek yogurt, why eat it? Just curious. I like the ones with the fruit the most. The frozen stuff in strawberry is good.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I just want the protein. It has a lot of protein and I am trying to up my protein through what I eat rather than go to the shakes and bars. I like to have variety too so I am not eating eggs every morning.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    It takes a bit of getting used to the texture but I bought some "Nuts N More" almond butter. It has added protein and flax in it.

Also if you like cereals the Special K cereal that is high protein doesn't taste too bad. I actually don't add anything but cinnamon and sometimes I like it with a banana.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    L2/C2 yesterday.

Got some hammy soreness.

This time I had a handful of nuts before working out so I think it helped me with energy. I tried to go up a little in weight, but not too much.

Cardio day today.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Lean 2 for me today. My shoulders were burning.

Does anyone else feel like they are not getting as much of a leg workout? I am not sure if I just have so much focus on my arms but I was using 30/35 in Push on some lower body moves. So far the first two Lean workouts I either am not feeling the move that much (except those runners lunges) or I am having a hard time balancing and that does not help. I have not done Lean 3 yet but I feel like I may need to add some extra squats and lunges after these workouts.