What is your Bike Computer and software?

Options
2»

Replies

• lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 805, but I have gotten lazy and only use it if I am exploring some unknown roads or am out of town. Most of my bikes have Bontrager Node wireless computers so that I can keep track of speed, cadence, temps, heart rate etc. and since I have to take my iPhone anyway I just turn on Strava.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Just an update bump. Per TheBinYin's suggestion, I looked hard at the CatEye Stealth 50 setup with HRM and cadence. Almost pulled the trigger on that at it was so affordable, but...I finished a 3 month workout and health program at work that left me the following choices for promoting more exercise:

$150 & a Fitbit unit

or

$300 to be spent on any health/exercise equipment or gym membership fee.

So the Garmin 500 bundle was about $300 and I went that route. Hey, I'm going finally get a semi-modern seup for riding. Although I do not have the heart to get rid of my 1995 Trek cyclo-computer, so I think I'll leave that on there too for the time being :)

You won't be disappointed with that setup....rock solid platform.

You are right; I used it twice so far and I'm really liking it! It is also quite small compared to the other Garmin units. Since I still have the simple wired Trek and the Velo 9 still on my bikes, I am using those for just to view speed. That way the Garmin display is just showing other things I am interested in seeing. The custom data fields per screen is so nice to have...flexible.

This new tech is making me want to ride more, so it is more incentive to get outside and ride someplace instead of being lazy :)
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    After my Sigma(?) non-fancy computer died I went to Strava on my phone(s). Still looking around for an alternative to that (without the $$$ tag) but it will suffice for now.