JUNE 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options
darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the June 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge.

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies! :drinker:

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Sunday, June 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles moved each time you update.

Please don't post any May miles here. We will update the May spreadsheet once everyone has reported their May miles to the May thread - Please add only your JUNE goals/miles to this thread.

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us. You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work. Sorry, but we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved in this challenge - ONLY DISTANCE.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :bigsmile:) The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Once the thread hits 500 posts it will roll to a 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th part. Click the link on the last post that says <continued at this topic> to post your update. The main MYAC Group page will always list the current thread though.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself! :drinker:

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times....:laugh:....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :bigsmile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals! :flowerforyou:

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    Options
    Going for 150 again! :drinker:

Dave
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Dave,

Thanks For Putting Up The Thread.
    Since I Have Become A Fitbit Fiend Now, I Will Go For 150 Miles.

Psyched!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    June is going to be crazy. I'll still try for 400 though.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, please :)
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 150 miles again in June.
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    I'll be on vaca for a week so I'm lowing my goal to 125 miles. Good luck everyone!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    75 was a good challenge this month, so I'm going for it again with one less day.

Thanks
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    aiming for 50 in June!

exercise.png
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Gonna be out of town for a couple of weeks so I'm going with 60 miles. Hope to do more, but just not sure.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'll go for 100 miles in June
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for June and 100 miles. :)
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but am going on vacation for 10 days in June so my mileage is going to be significantly less than it has been the past few months. I will still be getting some mileage in while out of town (walking / hiking, etc) but not like I get from spin class, so.... I think it will be a reasonable challenge to try to get in 190 miles for June, so that's what I'm going with.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 200 miles in June, please! :bigsmile:

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Two weeks vacation might interfere a little bit but I'm going prepared with trail routes of the local provincial parks. So holding out some hope there.... with that being said I will continue with my 150 miles for June
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    In for 170km.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    My June goal is 950 miles....:happy:
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hopefully back on track this month after May's accident put me off the bike for 5-6 days

Going for the usual 1000 miles

June Miles: 0.00

YTD Miles 5488
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My June goal is 950 miles....:happy:

Congrats on hitting 1000 miles in May
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Put me in for 25 again for june!!! Came really close in may, just added todays miles on the may thread
This discussion has been closed.