Welcome and Introductions (May 31st.)

Options
13»

Replies

• Starlet72
    Starlet72 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello All,
    Looking forward to motivation and healthy living. Been struggling for a while and I think it's because I've been looking at the total weight I need to lose rather than "baby steps" Thank you so much for starting this group!
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hiya Everyone!!

I joined MFP as a logging tool but the support system has become much more valuable! total of 6 lbs lost last month. the most monthly loss i have had to date! Very excited to try and beat that along with other mini goals i have set myself.

Here we go!!
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Morning! I am Sarah. I am a 31 year old mother who is on a mission to getting back some of what I had before I had my son. I am always looking for a few good mfp friends! Hope to see you all complete this challenge!
  • lelya15
    lelya15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in. That's my second attempt to loose weight on MFP. I tried different things, but MFP is the only one that works without constantly feeling hungry and thinking about food . It would be great to complete the challenge and make new friends. My CW is 154 and my UGW is 122.
  • SandraJoyN
    Options
    HI! I just joined MFP. I need some inspiration and accountability. Losing 10 lbs is a good place to start.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Since joining MFP on April 2, 2014, I've lost 19.8lbs, and hope to never look back. I came in 1.4lbs shy on the June challenge, but as 1013carl said in response to my final weigh-in, June is a brand new month.

I'm starting the month (6/2) at 240.2, and I'd love to be at 230.2 by the 30th!

ETA: Reaching 230 will put me just nearly at my halfway point to onederland!
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I've been on MFP for awhile and thus have been yo-yo-ing back and forth for awhile. I started, I believe at 281 and got down to 225 and bounced back up to 241lb. Now I've started this challenge at ~234lbs and I want to see a portion of that gone by July. Exercise isn't my problem, eating is. So I'm targeting that as a focus without, hopefully, becoming obsessive about it. :tongue: Good luck all!
  • lmnesbit75
    lmnesbit75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 39 year old female who has been fighting weight problems since I was 13 or 14. From 13 or 14 until I was 16 or 17 I was anorexic and taking diet pills. My parents are both over weight so I didn't want to be like them (my dad was over 400 lbs and my mom was over 200 lbs). When my then boyfriend (now husband) found out he helped me stop the diet pills and start to eat a little more. When I graduated high school I was around 100 lbs. Slowly over the years I gained more and more weight. Then in 2005 I had a hemiplegic migraine attack (a migraine that comes with stroke like symptom). I continue to get them to this day. I had to quit work because my migraines are not under control. It also make if hard on my weight. When I get nausea I tend to eat crackers or toast and drink soft drinks. I recently found myself at 191. That was my last straw I am determined to lose the weight. The only problem is I have no support at home, that is why I am here. I don't want to be like my parents or my sister (she is 4 years younger than me and over 200 lbs). I want to be healthy and feel better both physically and mentally.
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options