Starting Strength: Kindle edition?

Options
macchiatto
macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
Is Starting Strength a book you'd want in paper format, or would the much cheaper Kindle edition do? Does the Kindle version do justice to all the pictures and diagrams?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    No clue myself, but if anyone has both versions please chime in =)
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    It is the same, but it depends on your nature...what I mean is some people learn better through tactile response "touching the paper" than just viewing on a screen. I have Starting Strength on Kindle and I have one of his other books, PPST v3 in paperback. Personally, I find I absorb and retain information much quicker encountering paper (probably due to my age) than electronic content. It's probably reverse for a much younger person I would guess.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I would think the pictures would be much easier to see in the physical book. I also find flipping back and forth through the pages for reference much easier with a book than electronically. But that's just my personal preference, I suppose.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have the kindle version and I say yes the diagrams are great! I do tend to me more interested in real books, but I was so motivated to read starting strength, it's probably my most read book of the last two years.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]5EBDE7C8-6208-4EB6-A5CD-425128BEBC6A_zpsqmyxbhnm.png
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have the Kindle edition. It's not bad.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I have the Kindle edition, but would prefer the paper edition. Flipping back and forth to the diagrams gets to be annoying.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I have both. Prefer paper version because I can get to the section I want faster.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I originally borrowed a friend's paperback and read it, then purchased the Kindle edition to have a reference that is always available (because I can read it on my kindle, on my phone, on my work computer, etc.). I liked having the paper copy for the original read-through so I could flip back and forth, but now I use it just as a reference for which the electronic format is all about availability for me.