Quest bars ok on keto?

MyiahRose
MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
I just got 5 boxes as a gift and was wondering if i will remain in ketosis with them?

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    It really depends on how you react to them. For *some* people the fiber is truly insoluble and doesn't impact their total carbohydrate much. For me it seems I am impacted by them, except for ONE flavour...

For me, I get a blood sugar spike similar to about 20-25g of carbohydrate from most of them (except the brownie flavour, for whatever reason) which would mean I'd have to have less carbohydrate on a day when I ate those.

The brownie ones seem to hit me about the same as 10g of carbohydrate would. I'm not sure why they impact me less, but we're all different.

They sure taste good though - I *loved* the cookies and cream - but this diabetic can't tolerate them.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    It really depends on how you react to them. For *some* people the fiber is truly insoluble and doesn't impact their total carbohydrate much. For me it seems I am impacted by them, except for ONE flavour...

For me, I get a blood sugar spike similar to about 20-25g of carbohydrate from most of them (except the brownie flavour, for whatever reason) which would mean I'd have to have less carbohydrate on a day when I ate those.

The brownie ones seem to hit me about the same as 10g of carbohydrate would. I'm not sure why they impact me less, but we're all different.

They sure taste good though - I *loved* the cookies and cream - but this diabetic can't tolerate them.

I'm not diabetic or anything like that. So I guess I should be ok. Thanks for your response.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member

I'm not diabetic or anything like that. So I guess I should be ok. Thanks for your response.
    I am not diabetic , never been even during pregnancies, but I also react to those. I do not think it is the fiber though. I love eggplant and other high fiber veggies/fruits and found no reaction if I stay within the net carb limit.

I think it is the fake sugar in those thing. Some of them sweetened with sucralose , some of them with erythritol, some with stevia. I do not have a glucose meter, so I can not actually measure, but they do trigger my cravings and I get "sugar high" . For me I think it is the sucralose, but I can handle stevia.

Since you have a bunch of them, try them and see how you react to it. Keep attention to the label and you may find out that you able to handle some of those sweeteners without experiencing sugarlike impact. .