I'm a new member of this group

Options
Hello,

I just rejoined my fitness pal and since I will turn 60 on 6/30/14 I thought this would be a good group to join. I have been lacking motivation for some time and hope to gain some here. :bigsmile:

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!!

Everyone here is very supportive so you'll find a LOT of encouragement and inspiration here!!

:heart:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for motivation, you have come to the right place! I just joined last month and really enjoy this group! Welcome. Tell us about yourself.
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Deb - This is the best group ever! I turned 60 the end of May and the friends I've made in this group are the most supportive and motivational you will ever meet - they got me off the couch and actually walking!

Holly:smile:
  • sandiebro
    sandiebro Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Deb and welcome

This group is a lovely bunch of ladies and so much more considerate in their posts than some of the people I've noticed posting on the main threads.
  • sandiebro
    Options
    As far as the main threads are concerned, I'd certainly recommend looking through the Success Stories with photos - truly inspirational.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb: congrats on coming back, that is a big step and reaching out is an even bigger one, welcome to a great group. We are all trying really hard to be supportive and if I do say so myself, we are really a great bunch of coconuts in our 60 group :laugh: We more Senior members love to welcome some more 'kids' to our group :drinker:

No worries about motivation as that is one of the reasons we are ALL here, so see, you fit right in already. When you are ready join us in the June chat, it should be a fun month! Looking forward to getting to know you, cheers, Marian
  • sandiebro
    Options
    Uh oh ... I said ladies when there's at least one gentleman!
  • Mariang165
    Options
    It's ok Sandie, that what happens when you lose weight, it comes off your memory first :laugh: cheers, Marian
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Welcome Deb. This group is really positive and supportive. Be sure to invite some of us as friends too.

Phew... Marian, thanks for letting us know why the memory loss occurs. :laugh:
  • Mariang165
    Options
    Yep, Wanda, it is all good! :wink:
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It's ok Sandie, that what happens when you lose weight, it comes off your memory first :laugh: cheers, Marian
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Welcome to the craziness, Deb!
    -ker
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb....... welcome to the group.... I'm sure you will find encouragement, fun and laughs here........:bigsmile:

Jean
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,
    Welcome! I'm fairly new to MFP and this group. I'm sure you will enjoy sharing your challenges and successes with this group.
    Happy Trails,
    Claudine
  • alexandriabenson
    alexandriabenson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome Deb: I'm sure you will enjoy this group as much as I do. The wonderful members of this group have helped me to stay on track and will do the same for you and you will help to inspire us. Good luck. Alex :flowerforyou: