New to all of this

Options
mtdang
mtdang Posts: 35 Member
Hi
New to MFP and groups and in general to trying to lose weight at all. I have never been thin but always felt healthy and after getting down to my pre-baby weight quite easily (daughter 4 now) have put on approximately 8 lbs. since winter (119-->127). At 5'1'' this is translating to a pants size (at least but haven't committed to the new wardrobe yet). I work out late in the evening, and end up snacking after which probably doesn't help. I also have problems with mindless snacking while at work. I can't really change my workout schedule but any tips on being more mindful? I am in a cubicle so can't really start doing sun salutations when I crave something, and in Atlanta it is getting a bit to hot to go for a walk outside certain times of the day. Will be 45 this year so maybe need to just get used to mid-age metabolism and make some dramatic changes....
Thanks!

Replies

• LittleRose_99
    LittleRose_99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mtdang, I know how you feel with the constant snaking. I used to feel it a lot after a workout. I also workout in the evening and at home and turning 33 this year my metabolism is defenitely not what it was in my 20's. Things that have helped me are drinking at least 1/2 my body weight in oz of water. That's my minimum for the day. Sometimes I hit the goal of a gallon a day. Another thing is I eat 6 small meals a day. This has helped me so much! It seems like I'm constantly eating and I feel full pretty much all the time. I actually only get 5 meals in because it's time for bed before I remember the 6th, lol. I've slowly detoxed from sugar and I can feel it. It's only been 3 weeks with no sugar but I feel like I have more energy and when I slip and have a piece of chocolate I feel it.

I hope this helps a little and you're successful on your fitness journey. Let me know if you have any questions!
    Thanks!