New here, and ketosis question?

kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
Hi, my name is Kama, and I have been doing LCHF for little over a week. Slowly learning to get my rations right. My question is does ketosis give you a weird stomach ache? Not a burn but an almost nausea ache.

Replies

• Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    It sure can. Some refer to this as the dreaded keto flu. The best way to combat this is to make sure you are getting enough salt and potassium. Broth and ginger tea/ginger ale can be helpful too.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    that's where the pork rinds came in for me. I also had a horrid headache for 2 days but after that I was fine. :)
  • kamaperry
    that's where the pork rinds came in for me. I also had a horrid headache for 2 days but after that I was fine. :)
    Thanks all, its just weird, better if I drink or eat. But it almost reminds me of ulcer pain, but not quite. It makes sense it is keto. Thanks for the suggestions! I bought some pork rinds last nite too ;)
  • best cure for keto flu is a mug of broth with 1/4 teaspoon lite salt. You are flushing all your salt stores at the moment. Drink everyday for a few days. Keep some boullion cubes in your desk or purse for emergencies. Its a handy "snack" too.

Also, your change in diet is affecting your stomach and intestinal flora. A probiotic supplement will help. If you dont have access, plain unsweetened yogurt with active cultures will help. Add some sliced strawberries if your carb count will alow.
  • kamaperry
    best cure for keto flu is a mug of broth with 1/4 teaspoon lite salt. You are flushing all your salt stores at the moment. Drink everyday for a few days. Keep some boullion cubes in your desk or purse for emergencies. Its a handy "snack" too.

Also, your change in diet is affecting your stomach and intestinal flora. A probiotic supplement will help. If you dont have access, plain unsweetened yogurt with active cultures will help. Add some sliced strawberries if your carb count will alow.
    Thank you!