Net Carb help please

Newerjen
Newerjen Posts: 14 Member
To work out my net carbs on MFP do I just subtract the Fibre totals from the Carb totals? For example today my Carbs are -14 (in the red) and my fibre is 13. So is it reasonable to say that I'm really over only 1 in carbs? Or am I totally off track lol?

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    To work out my net carbs on MFP do I just subtract the Fibre totals from the Carb totals? For example today my Carbs are -14 (in the red) and my fibre is 13. So is it reasonable to say that I'm really over only 1 in carbs? Or am I totally off track lol?

This all depends on where in the world you are!

Here (in the UK) our carb figures are ALREADY net, whereas in the USA their carb figures are gross and you need to subtract fibre from them to calculate net. I am not sure about other countries, but a quick google should sort you out.

Also I assume that you mean your carbs are your goal + 14? Not that you have somehow managed to consume negative 14g of carbs?
  • Newerjen
    Newerjen Posts: 14 Member
    Sorry, my post was super confusing lol!
    I'm in Australia, checked google and our Carbs are already net, so that means I'm 14 over! My goal is 20 and mines added up to 34 :(