Need spinning pole recommendations, please!

Options
Mouse_Potato
Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
This past weekend I took my first ever class on a spinning pole and I'm in love! I have a static pole at home, but I think I may take the plunge and buy a spinny one as well. I started Googling them and got quickly overwhelmed by the options, so I thought I'd ask the experts here. Do you have your own spinny pole? If so, which one would you recommend? I have my own house with 9.5' ceilings (weird number, I know), so I can do any type of installation, but it has to extend beyond the typical 8'. My current pole is a Lil Mynx, chrome, 50mm. Thanks!

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    When I get one, I am going to get an Xpole Xpert 45 mm. I've used one and liked it.

I think they only have extensions to 9' though.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    It's been a few months, but I finally have one on the way! I have ordered the X-pole X-pert in 50 mm chrome. My instructors says "if you can do it on a 50, you can do it on anything!" ;)

I am soooooo excited!
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi,

how do you feel about the 50 by now? I got a 45 Xpert at home and love it. Although when I try my luck on street signs I sometimes wish I'd be more used to a 50. ;)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    The pole I received was warped, so I had to wait for a replacement piece. Now it is back together and I like it a lot. The only problem is that my studio doesn't do spinning pole, so my only guidance is online. I am considering taking supplementary classes from a new studio that just opened up. They do spinning pole, silks, hoops, etc..

As far as the 50mm, well, it's all I know! I did a workshop back in November and they used 45s and I felt a little weird. I doubt I will ever do a competition at my age (although it is possible), so I am not worried about "regulation" sizes. The 50 is easy on my legs and it has forced my tiny hands to develop a better grip!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi Mouse_Potato

This whole business of 50mm and 40mm and 45mm / hand size. I cant bear a 40mm, love a 45mm, but a 50mm (its only .5cm more!), makes me feel that it's too big to grip. However I can totally see the logic in "if you can do it on a 50 you can do it on anything."

Anyway, I've got a 45mm spinner (x-pole xpert), so I have it on spin when I'm okay with a move and static when I'm learning. Although I do try and focus on the pole to stop me getting dizzy, there have been moments when I dismount and the room just goes around and around.

• Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I started taking classes at the new studio, but my schedule got in the way again. I can only take so many classes of anything each week and, well, I fell in love with silks! Once my wrist is healed I will probably start taking a pole class on Sunday mornings before my silks class.

I have discovered that spinny pole takes a lot more upper body strength than static. Just holding myself up while going round and round can be a challenge!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    And lets not forget that when you dismount your eyes are still going around and around! :D
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    HA! No kidding! A few months ago I did my first layout/layback on the spinny pole. I thought I was going to puke!