June 4 - Wednesday weekly check in

Options
2»

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Oh, Reba, I like that "straight 18." I'm still hitting the women's sizes although they are all over the place depending on the store.

Marian, you are doing great!

Newbies, glad to see you here whether for the first time or back again.

Isn't this fun?
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wed check ins? I think this is great idea, so joining in now. Starting to weigh myself again. I have noticed a few ounces lost, not much, not unusual for me. I struggle with eating less and being more active. Yesterday was good, though. I swam 1/2 hr and walked 1/2 hr. Any day now I will receive my food scale and improve on knowing how much I really am eating. Aside from that, I am settling into our 3rd week of living on the Big Island. Each winter we work on the mainland for four months and rent our house out through vrbo to short term vacationers. We visit our family back East and in Seattle before coming home. This was our first year of semi-retirement although I have not worked for a year. I might take a temp job next time we are on the mainland though to be active in winter. Here, I am finding plenty to do with routine housework & yardwork etc. Hawaii is a great place to be active with warm weather and sunshine pretty consistently. Although I find the 85 degree weather a bit much to cope with, if I exercise early in the morning, and take a swim in early afternoon, I can handle it. Since we have solar energy now, I usually run the AC to take the edge off at night when I really need it. Transitions are a big part of my life, and nothing new. So this is not all that stressful as some might think. Hope you have a good week ahead - Enjoy!
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed Wednesday! Not down at all. Weight has gone up, down, and up. I'm working hard in the yard but I do need to get back to my walking. Have a good rest of week everyone!
  • Pixydin
    Pixydin Posts: 14
    Options
    I have kept my food diary for 18 days now. It really has helped me to have a few MFP friends to check in with. Please include me as your friend if you would like to have some support as well. I lost a almost 18 lbs fairly fast and now I am trudging along. If I don't eat enough good food, I crave the bad. At this age, I'm thinking more about cholesterol, physical activity and high bp. Pixy
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Pixy, that's a fantastic loss in a short amount of time. And yes, we are at a point of eating more for health reasons, which in turn helps with weight loss. It's really not a bad idea.

Claudine
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow losers,

I have read over you all's comments and wow, do we have a great bunch of peeps here. Bikers, runners, walkers, etc. And the losing just keeps happening. Keep up the good work.

When I first posted about doing a weekly check in, I was not sure who or how many would be interested and I have to tell you how very pleased I am that we have so many of you. A great big warm welcome to our newbies as well! I will get tomorrows check in set up now for those in other times zones. See ya all tomorrow on Wed! Now I will be confused for writing this on Tues and think it is Wed, but oh well, I am always confused!!