Saying Hi, Sharing Experience

Options
aleehagen
aleehagen Posts: 41 Member
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while now and figured I'd share some of my Keto experiences since I started back on November 1st. The first couple of months I lost considerable weight, at least 10 pounds a month, and then came January/February and things started to slow down and stall... I had to regain my focus and evaluate what I was doing and noticed that I became a little lax on my ratios and needed to up the fat and lower my protein(I was down to 60% fat and my body does better at 75%+), so I did that knowing that things would start back up and I'd be fine. My body was more stubborn than I anticipated. I didn't want to give up my Heavy cream and cheese, so cutting dairy wasn't really in the cards. I did start to walk 3.5 miles each morning(but I felt like walking, I didn't force myself to start walking.) But what all the advice and the back of my head kept pointing to was intermittent fasting. So I started to give that a try and the first week the pounds just fell off, 6 to be exact, some of which I believe to be water weight as I felt a bit bloated.

So now I incorporate IF'ing into my regimen and it seems to be working wonders, my last meal of the day comes at around 4 or 5 and I don't feed again until my Heavy Cream and Coconut oil coffee at 7 or 8 am. I didn't think that IF'ing would be easy, but a majority of my fasting time is spent sleeping, as long as I can resist the urge to late night snack (which I don't really struggle with to begin with) I'm in good shape with the intermittent fast. I noticed a lot of the time my come home from work meal(I work swing shift) was more of a late night habit than hunger and I don't miss it anymore.

In addition, I had to remember to eat when I'm hungry, and not on schedule/habit. So many of us have been hammered to eat Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. Our way of eating challenges conventional wisdom in every way, why not the structure/schedule of when we eat too?

So, if you are stalling and things aren't going as swiftly as you originally experienced or need to try something new, I'd suggest intermittent fasting as a way to jump start things once again. It put me in tune with my body, perhaps it will help you...

Replies

• ultrahush
    ultrahush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I too find that IF after 5 until the morning works really well for me. This is inspiring me to try incorporating that more into my routine, when possible. Awesome job! Also, holy moly do I hear you on the eating out of habit thing. I work in a school and feel the need to inhale my food as quickly as possible whenever I have a break, regardless of whether I'm hungry or not!
  • AmyMS86
    AmyMS86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I have been toying with the idea. I'm going to give myself another week or so to see if I break through, but if not, I think I will try IF.
  • AMPitup89
    AMPitup89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love IF!

I really should have focused solely on diet tho in my early days as fasting in the evening into morning doesn't work as well as it did before. Then again, I've also been more lax on my ratios. But I've gotten quite comfortable. Its not very hard to resist bread and junk anymore. If i REALLY want it, I have a taste. One bite and done. With how I feel now, I think I could maintain this, quite easily. But frankly, i still need to lose a lot more.

I decided I would up the ante and fast for a day. Actually it ended up being Friday evening I ate some meat around 8pm. I didn't eat again until about noon on Sunday. This time the scale jumped down and STAYED down. I think i might do this every 2-3 weeks or so to jump start fat loss.

For me, it wasn't too hard since I spent all of Saturday relaxed in bed, watching TV, reading books, painting my nails, etc.

Long live IF!