Body Combat and Weight Training?

Options
Hi, I need some advice. I am just starting out on the Body Combat series, it's really cool and it suits me. I am easing into gently and I don't think i can one video each day yet, plus I have my punch bag which I also use as exercise.

So I am thinking of alternating between exercises, so one day work on my bag and the next do a body combat video. BUT I also want to do some weights at home, I have a simple dumbell set up for now.

A few things I am wondering about....

1 - I am thinking two days a week to start on weights, should I split the groups like do arms, legs and shouders on Tuesday and then back chest (and maybe arms again) on Thursday? or should I do a full set on Tusday and repeat on Thursday?

2 - Would Body Combat clash with weights? If I do a video on Wednesday for example will my muscles be too wasted to do any weights, and should in fact be recovering.

Sorry if these are silly questions and I have looking around the web for answers and ideas also.

I used to go to the gym three times a week....
MON - legs and biceps
WED - chest and shoulders
FRI - back and triceps

It was a simple beginner's work out, the guy with me was experienced and muscular and this is wht he recommended and it seemed to have effects, just a beginner's workout though.

I just don't want to be counter productive, if you get my drift.

Any help or "friending" would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    well first of all I would totally recomend just doing the program (the first one, combat warrior) and do as many modifications as you need (they are indicated as you do the workouts) and follow the program as much as you can, there are lot's of cardio but also some waight workouts and it could clash with the additional things you want to do
    Specially if you are a begginer I really, STRONGLY recomend you to follow through as it is already stablished, because it IS SO INTENSE and you'll love rest days ten times more than cheat day (believe me, I still do) because your muscles will be sore and adding an extra on that might do more harm than good.
    My opinion is all I can give you I hope it helps and I promise the program alone is very good for losing weight AND toning! my arms have never looked as good as they do now :D