Options
LiftAndBalance
LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
e7b8e22e3a0ede63ed5a9e03f6d36845.jpg

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am the first one to post today and its almost 1pm! :)

No running today. I have decided to go to an exercise class that I haven't been to in a few months. Its usually a mix of strength and cardio, but what I don't like is that sometimes its all cardio, little strength...or vice versa. I like the strength part since I get lots of cardio done at home. So...we'll see what tonight brings. It is at 6pm, so will have to eat an early supper. Kind of excited to go!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What workout are you doing Maureen? Anxious to hear about it!

I did run this morning - speedwork again. I did half a mile to warm up, then 5 intervals of 2 minutes at a faster pace (in the 9 min/mile range) and 2 minutes at a slower pace (in the 11 min/mile range). Ran another .67 miles to get to 5K for the run. Haven't been able to break a sub-35 minute 5K but finally did this morning thanks to the speedwork (just under 33 minutes!). Pilates after work tonight.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Laura - great speedwork today!! I really need to do that. I am usually so happy with myself after an interval workout. Lol Good for you! For my workout tonight, its really just whatever the instructor puts together. We do a lot of squats, lunges, arms abs and usually some plyometrics. It can be a really good workout. When I first started going years ago it was pretty much all strength stuff, the class was called "body toning" but now she's changed it up a bit.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job, Laura! Maybe the rest day yesterday also paid off.

Maureen, also good job on upping your mileage. Hope your class is more strength-based today.

Jugar, nice that you seem to have found a good new routine! I'm also curious about how that works with online-based personal training?

And thanks for the cooking advice (jugar and also everybody else for mentioning it)! I'll just use regular whipped cream then and maybe put it in the freezer for a bit. And it's just sooo weird to me to measure the volume of solid ingredients instead of simply weighing them (well, I'll weigh them anyway for logging but still). We're actually thinking of moving to the UK next year and the whole different measurement system is scary to me (that probably sounds very strange but anyways) :blushing:

I'm really confused about the flour now though. We have different types of wheat flour but the differences are based on how refined it is, i.e. different stages from whole grain to white. There's hard wheat and soft wheat semolina but I've never seen that differentiation for flour...

I'm feeling better today, thanks all! I had a really good day workout wise - and to my own surprise. I overslept so couldn't do it in the morning. I find it really hard to motivate myself to workout after I get home in the evening, which is why I usually do it first thing after I get up pretty much. So I literally forced myself do the blogilates routine for today and after about 5 to 10 minutes I started to really get into it and it then actually turned into the best (read: brutal) workout I've done for the past couple of days. AND I had a huge NSV: I managed to do five regular side plank dips on my stronger side before going down to the knees (which is what I had been doing so far) - super proud of myself :happy:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Gotta be quick for now. DH had to work late, so I had lilgirl with me for school/tutor and took her to cafe and to playgrounds. Finally, right after getting home, DH came and I got away in the evening. By then I was feeling a little too tired to run, but did a nice, long walk. This is the last week of school and there is no school tomorrow, w/endofyear program tomorrow evening. I'm planning to get to the gym tomorrow and tthursday afternoon.
    Have good one!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I got out for a walk at lunch. Went just over 2 miles with a friend. Was nice to get some fresh air and stretch my legs. My legs are a little bit sore and I'm not sure if it's from my trainer workout last night, my run this morning, or a combination of the two.

Ines I'm definitely glad I took a rest day on Sunday! I was overdue for one.

As far as cooking, does this help: "Refined flour has had the germ and bran removed and is typically referred to as white flour." White flour here is also called all purpose flour. It's very fine & powdery. Cool Whip is definitely denser than regular whipped cream, but freezing it partially might help if consistency is an issue.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    Options
    Hi all --

Sounds like a good day for a lot of us! Ines, awesome NSV!! Those side plank dips are wicked.

I got through both my scheduled workout for the day (9x60:60 intervals and some smooth riding on the bike, plus some very tough stretches my trainer has me doing) and then did day 2 of a 7 day abs workout as well. Between yesterday's strength workout and this, I think just about every muscle is singing to me tonight!

So far the online logging and follow-up is working well. Every exercise has a full description and video, and the log can be completely detailed with reps, weights, and notes for each set or it can be just a general start-stop-did it kind of thing. I like keeping the detailed log so that the trainer knows when I have had an easy time or a hard time with a certain number of reps or a weight, and I can also tell her if anything does not work well and she changes the exercise. I only need to meet with her once every 4-6 weeks, so the cost is pretty reasonable, and she can set it up for the equipment I have for the summer, and then for the gym when I get back there in September. So far, so good.

Tomorrow off to the city for 3 days... Keep up the good work, everyone!