Hi Everyone

Options
ckee1862
ckee1862 Posts: 13 Member
Good Morning. My name is Casey. I had WLS December of 2013 and I am wanting to celebrate the anniversary date with a double half marathon called the New Years Eve/ New Years Day double. You close the year in an active way with a half marathon and you start the new year with a half marathon.

Do you guys have any training tips for me?

Replies

• badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I have any really useful tips for you since I'm new to the distance myself. Do you run at all now? I'm thinking you are eventually going to need to train substantial distances on back to back days to get your body accustomed to running when your muscles are already sore and your energy stores are depleted. Maybe a training program akin to a Ragnar program would work?
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    There are a bazillion tips, but depends what you need. :) Here are the top two tips (well, maybe not top two but right up there). get fitter for shoes at a running store where they will watch you run and get you the right shoe. Most of your running should be an what is called a "conversation pace." That means if you cannot hold a conversation without gasping fro breath every few words you are going too fast. You run slow to get fast, which is counterintuitive for people
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What is your running background? Have you completed a half marathon before?