Favorite Exercises

Options
I love riding my trikke. www.trikke.com.

Pilates

Golf Tennis

Kayak Fishing

I have been playing tennis for over 40 years, golf for 34 years, Trikke for 3 years, Pilates I started this year and kayak fishing I have been going for 13 years.

I like to sail also but don't do enough of it. I own a small sailboat but don't get out that often.

What are your favorite exercises?

Replies

• jomclucas10
    jomclucas10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, if I had more favorite exercises I might not be in this mess! Grin! I love to garden and bird watch. I used to really enjoy hiking --my goal is to get fit enough to do that again! I have not ridden a bike in 20 years and would like to do that again too!
  • clowd9
    clowd9 Posts: 10
    Options
    So far I'm just walking and canoeing. Baby steps, LOL
    I'm with you jomclucas10, if I'd been more active I wouldn't be in this pickle, but that's the past. This is about today! Woo hoo!
    I think I'm feeling more energetic already though, is that possible? As I gain endurance I will do more, but I don't want to sabotage myself by thinking too far ahead. That tends to make me think "I'm too old, or it's too late, or I'd never be able to..."

However, I do have a secret dream of doing a marathon- that would surprise the heck out of a lot of people! LOL.
    There are so many inspirational people out there, why not???? Anyway, as I'm walking, I'm definitely focusing on what's happening in my body, ie: I'm getting stronger. This (body part) is hurting because it's weak, but it's getting stronger each day. Man, I've helped people recover from strokes, car accidents, major illness- and I KNOW exercise is a cumulative thing. So I'm lucky to be here and putting in some effort every day. That's why is great to be documenting our progress because we will be able to look back and see results in black and white.

Thanks again for starting this Jeff!!
  • sandiegotennispro
    Options
    So far I'm just walking and canoeing. Baby steps, LOL
    I'm with you jomclucas10, if I'd been more active I wouldn't be in this pickle, but that's the past. This is about today! Woo hoo!
    I think I'm feeling more energetic already though, is that possible? As I gain endurance I will do more, but I don't want to sabotage myself by thinking too far ahead. That tends to make me think "I'm too old, or it's too late, or I'd never be able to..."

However, I do have a secret dream of doing a marathon- that would surprise the heck out of a lot of people! LOL.
    There are so many inspirational people out there, why not???? Anyway, as I'm walking, I'm definitely focusing on what's happening in my body, ie: I'm getting stronger. This (body part) is hurting because it's weak, but it's getting stronger each day. Man, I've helped people recover from strokes, car accidents, major illness- and I KNOW exercise is a cumulative thing. So I'm lucky to be here and putting in some effort every day. That's why is great to be documenting our progress because we will be able to look back and see results in black and white.

Thanks again for starting this Jeff!!

I am glad that this is helping you! Do you ever go fishing in your area? I heard that the smallmouth and walleye fishing are great in your neck of the woods.

Baby steps can lead to big steps.
  • clowd9
    Options
    We certainly do go fishing! Just had a nice feed of walleye yesterday. We aren't into the bass so much, it's fishy tasting.
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • jomclucas10
    jomclucas10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Clowd9. You and I both need to exercise through pain. I just completed two months of PT and still have a long way to go. Now having issues with swelling under my right toe when I walk, never dull! Going to try just a fifteen minute walk today and see how that affects my foot. Also going to set up an area upstairs where I can do my leg exercises. Found out yesterday I have pneumonia so don't want to overdo it but have not done my exercises since last week so I need to get back to it!
  • clowd9
    Options
    Clowd9. You and I both need to exercise through pain. I just completed two months of PT and still have a long way to go. Now having issues with swelling under my right toe when I walk, never dull! Going to try just a fifteen minute walk today and see how that affects my foot. Also going to set up an area upstairs where I can do my leg exercises. Found out yesterday I have pneumonia so don't want to overdo it but have not done my exercises since last week so I need to get back to it!

We'll encourage each other, ok?

A 15 minute walk is almost exactly where I started, I think I did 20- I walked 10 minutes away from my house, so had to walk 10 more to get back, LOL. If you have some music to listen to, it helps, but hearing the birds in the early morning is kind of nice too- almost like a walking meditation.

I brought a couple hand weights up from the basement and am going to add some strength exercises. I'm thinking I will do upper body one day and lower on alternate days.

We can do this!
  • mindymax
    mindymax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Posted in the wrong location...sorry.
  • MyDynamicJourney
    Options
    I used to walk at our local agricultural college. Lots of hills, mountains and stairs. I love finding beauty on this campus. Some areas are very secluded so we did not venture that way often. It is exhilarating to make it up mountains, to see animals and the scenery at the top is amazing. I had one more to tackle before we stopped. I miss it. I was in the best shape of my life.