New here....

Hi All, My name is Debbie and I live in TN. I have around 100 pounds to lose. It seems nearly impossible to get to my goal weight. It's sort of discouraging.
I've done WW a million times and I can never stick with it.
I'm doing a doctor approved diet through a medical weight loss program at Vanderbilt. I get to see a nutritionist and an exercise guy. WE also see a psychologist too. It's a pretty cool program. Unfortunately, insurance won't pay for a dime.
I just started last weekend. It's a high protein, low fat, low carb type diet. I'm supposed to eat 40g of protein each meal. That's difficult to do.
I have to work out 5 days a week for an hour and do weight's 3 times a week.
My doctor is thinking of putting me on Qsymia. Has anyone been on that before?
We are going to Hawaii in August. I would love to lose some weight before then.
I'm so stubborn and a bit of a rebel when it comes to dieting. I hate being denied something. It only makes me want it more.
I'm an emotional eater as well.
I've thought of gastric bypass, but my insurance won't pay for it.
It's going to be a long road to lose 100+ pounds, but I'm determined to do it this time!

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Congratulations for having a go.
    One day at a time you can achieve change - no ones perfect.
    The good thing about logging food here on MFP is you can see where your foods heading.
    You can programme the food diary to log the goals your doctor wants you to meet - just put them in manually.
    I have adjusted mine to a lower carbohydrate goal (for family health reasons).
    Dont give up just keep going.
    I'll friend you if you like.
  • I'm still learning how to use MFP. I'm definitely having a time staying at around 1600 calories. I'm so used to reaching for food whenever I get bored, sad, lonely, etc. I'm so used to eating junk food. I love carbs. Definitely not easy, but I'm determined to do this. I will have to print out my log. My doctor will want to see it. Thanks for being a friend :-)