6/6/14 Weekend Motivation

Options
Suzy81123
Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
"I will not erase all the hard work I did this past week by being irresponsible and lazy over the weekend!"

I need to write this down and read it throughout the weekend. I usually fall into the lazy and I don't care attitude over the weekend. From Monday I am down 3.6 pounds and I'm not going to allow the weekend to ruin that. I must stay strong. You girls can too!!!!

Xo's and everyone have a great weekend!

Replies

• SqueakMonster
    Options
    "I am more stubborn than my fat!"

I'm heading to my second 5K race this Saturday -- new finish line time goal is 52 minutes, down from 53:15 minutes at my last one on May 4th -- and afterwards we usually go have some ooey-gooey lunch (Olive Garden, T-Bones, etc.).

I've been working to get myself back together this week exercise and food-wise (feels like I'm trying to control Jell-O at this point), but I'm part way there, and I don't want to have to restart on Monday (again).

When we go out to eat, I WILL find something healthy to eat on the menu!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Indeed! The weekend often times makes me not care either!

Squeakmonster - best of luck on your 5k! That's so exciting! I am a run/walker myself and am aiming to get my walking out for a 5k and a 10k by this fall! Just make sure you have something for lunch that has a LOT of protein and let the rest fall into place!
    Please let us know how you did in a new thread when you think about!! Yay!!

I'm hoping to start this weekend right with some treadmill time and my last strength training class of the session!

Let's do this ladies!!
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    Thanks Lisa for the encouragement!! :smile:
    I'm a little nervous for this 5K's finish time, as I haven't been training for it (been doing massive amounts of gardening work instead), but I have a good friend going wtih me, and she won't let me slack one bit. (lol)
    Going along with your protein idea ... I'm thinking maybe a chicken primavera (sauce on the side), or or shrimp stir fry, that way I get both the protein and my veggies in one meal.
    My reward for 52 minutes is going to be a new wok (tired of trying to make ethnic dishes in a fry pan!), and a new bottle of perfume ... I'll definitely post my results, good or bad!
    Have a fantastic weekend ladies!!