Have to share, lol

kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
So I got accused of trying to starve myself to get my Blood sugar numbers down(I'm diabetic and doing this LCHF for it) I just plain wasn't hungry after my high fat breafast yesterday, so the rest of my food intake was very light. I was in no way starving myself, and I checked my blood sugar to make sure I wasn't dipping too low, and it was fine. It's sad, how people are so against this WOE, when it it really treating your body right.

Replies

• Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    I have also found a big difference in opinion when I was on a low fat diet years ago, compared to a Low carb/ high fat diet. I was once one of those people who was convinced that FAT made you fat and eating things like Bacon or adding butter or oil was the WORST thing for you to do.....

Yes, I lost weight on a low fat diet.....I did the weight watchers thing - but felt like POO and was not able to maintain the weight loss for very long. I lost weight FASTER on Keto and I am never hungry!!! I love that I do not have to live on dry turkey sandwiches and bland salads with fat free (yuck!) dressing. I love that I can order a burger, cheese and bacon & add yummy Mayo.... I LOVE Heavy cream in my coffee!!! & I really like NOT being Sad ;)
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Interesting that you mention "starving" yourself to drive down your FBG number. I've noticed since I've been tracking everything very closely that my FBG closely tracks with my calorie intake. The lower the calories, the lower my blood glucose reading the next morning.
  • kamaperry
    Interesting that you mention "starving" yourself to drive down your FBG number. I've noticed since I've been tracking everything very closely that my FBG closely tracks with my calorie intake. The lower the calories, the lower my blood glucose reading the next morning.
    Mine too, but i'm certainly not starving!
  • kamaperry
    I have also found a big difference in opinion when I was on a low fat diet years ago, compared to a Low carb/ high fat diet. I was once one of those people who was convinced that FAT made you fat and eating things like Bacon or adding butter or oil was the WORST thing for you to do.....

Yes, I lost weight on a low fat diet.....I did the weight watchers thing - but felt like POO and was not able to maintain the weight loss for very long. I lost weight FASTER on Keto and I am never hungry!!! I love that I do not have to live on dry turkey sandwiches and bland salads with fat free (yuck!) dressing. I love that I can order a burger, cheese and bacon & add yummy Mayo.... I LOVE Heavy cream in my coffee!!! & I really like NOT being Sad ;)
    Same here! I lost alot of wieght on low fat, but was always starving, not anymore!